Anniversary of a 5 year thread

An interesting idea, but perhaps too much work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, the whole point of the thread was to be forgotten for 5 years then “resurrected”. If we keep up a steady routine of posting it will have never died in the first place.

1 Like

My favorite thread on the old site. Good people, good conversation, and lots of bacon. It appears that bacon is the only thing missing on this new thread.

DGB

:bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon:

Ask and ye shall recieve

1 Like

Another 5 years?

That’s a big commitment!

Mmmm, bacon.

Perhaps so, but I was getting tired of getting the Bad Gateway error every stinking time I posted to the Song Title thread, no matter what device I used. I finally brought up the issue on the thread, and others reported they were having the same problem. So we mutually agreed to start a new thread.

1 Like

Yeah, the Curmudgeon threads change once it hits 2000 posts.

So I guess the question now is - how long do we intend to keep this thread alive?

@Bruised_Reed hasn’t showed up yet…

It occurs to me that I’ve had three of my loved ones die since the original thread was started. :cry:

My mom in January 2016
My Grandma Thetis on All Saints Day, 2016
My sister Adriana last August

3 Likes

This thread is now 8 days old. At this rate it will have 6,848 posts in 5 years.

DGB

1 Like

Well, it’s good to have goals I guess… :confused:

3 Likes

That’s a very sad thought. :frowning: I’m sorry…

2 Likes

Come on, everyone, don’t let the thread die this fast. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, we have nearly five years left to go to keep this thread active. :slight_smile:

Fine. Let’s keep it alive. Sheesh. There are just sooooo many expectations around this place. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes
1 Like

I prefer young Frankenstein. :smile:

1 Like

I checked on this thread yesterday and was going to post here before the 14 days were up. It will be fun to nurse this thread to last five years.

DGB

A classic!

DGB

Hey folks. Remember me?

:wink:

came back specifically for this thread.
Really sad that the original died. :frowning:

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.