Annunciation - take 2?

Why is today the feast of the annunciation? I thought we celebrated this on March 25?

Thx
Derek

I was listening to Mass on my way to work and the priest explained that since it fell during Holy Week, the celebration is moved to today.

Due to this year’s liturgical calendar, March 25 fell on the Monday of Holy Week. Therefore the feast was transfered.

Not this year.

+1

Realized yesterday evening that I prayed the hours for the Annunciation incorrectly on the 25th …oh well, looks like I’ll just pray it a second time today. :wink:

And I almost prayed the LOTH incorrectly today! :whacky: :blush:

Thanks Guys, this makes sense!

This is interesting to learn…my briefcase is in another room with the Ordo, would the Ordo give me information that this feast had been moved and where it was moved etc?

[quote="Elizabeth779, post:7, topic:322130"]
This is interesting to learn.....my briefcase is in another room with the Ordo, would the Ordo give me information that this feast had been moved and where it was moved etc?

[/quote]

yes.

[quote="SarahB85, post:2, topic:322130"]
I was listening to Mass on my way to work and the priest explained that since it fell during Holy Week, the celebration is moved to today.

[/quote]

Sorry to be off-topic, but how were you listenning to mass on the way to work?

Martin

[quote="Martin15, post:9, topic:322130"]
Sorry to be off-topic, but how were you listenning to mass on the way to work?

Martin

[/quote]

On the radio would be a good guess. ;)

[quote="OraLabora, post:10, topic:322130"]
On the radio would be a good guess. ;)

[/quote]

I thought that, but was wondering if maybe it was a pod-cast that is released for the day.

[quote="SarahB85, post:2, topic:322130"]

[/quote]

This actually happens fairly often for this feast. Anytime Easter falls in March or on the first of April, this happens to the Annunciation. If Easter falls between 22-26 March, St. Joseph is also moved.

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.