Anonymous takes over Ku Klux Klan's Twitter account

Today’s Schadenfreude:

The internet activist group Anonymous responded to the Klu Klux Klan’s taunts by taking over its Twitter account November 16.

The first tweet? “You should have expected us. #OpKKK continues to be a success. Freedom will prevail.”

While this was a criminal act, it is justifiable IMO and hilarious to boot.

Seems like a waste of time to me. The KKK isn’t one unified group. :shrug:

I completely agree. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I thought Twitter hacking would be below Anonymous.

Umm… I don’t think anything is below Anonymous. They’ll do whatever they want to make their point.

Be careful what you wish for, they’ve hacked the Vatican before and judging by that groups ideology they’ll do it again.

Which most regard as fine until Anonymous hits people that support a cause you support I guess, like a pro-life site.

Exactly. Though, as “Anonymous is legion”, it’s hard to know what they actually support - and what they do just to create havoc. Seriously. Anonymous is not an immoral group, they’re an amoral group. Immoral groups have morals, just a perverted sense of them. Amoral groups have no morals at all. Seriously.

Thats not really true. They don’t work for a single political party but they are pretty consistently left wing.

This would be funny if it was 1958. Why not hijack the Twitter feed for the Gestapo and Jacobins while you’re at it, too.

The world would be a better place without either of these two groups, despite the praise Anonymous receives.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

This is exactly why the act is unjustifiable. Recall the “Give the Devil the benefit of law” speech from A Man for All Seasons: youtu.be/MraVxLNkYZk

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

William Roper: Yes, I’d cut down every law in England to do that!

Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man’s laws, not God’s! And if you cut them down, and you’re just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I’d give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety’s sake!

Yep, I agree. They hacked into the police station computer in Stubenville and got access to photos of an underage rape vicitim and released the photo on the internet. Sure they blocked out her face but it still corossed a very clear line in my opinion. They had no right to see the photos and know her identity. They don’t have any limits because they think that they are always right and don’t feel the need to justify any of their actions. I really can’t stand vigilantes.

They did get attention to her case though - perhaps even prevented a cover-up, but I do agree with you about vigilantism

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.