Another Anti-Catholic Web Site

aloha.net/~mikesch/rc-links.htm

WOW! They really feel that the Catholic Church is the whore and the pope is the anti-Christ… and the list goes on. This is the most extreme effort I have seen in quite some time.

Quite a helpful collection of Catholic links, though. I wanted to thank them, but there was no way to do it :slight_smile:

[quote=urquhart]Quite a helpful collection of Catholic links, though. I wanted to thank them, but there was no way to do it :slight_smile:
[/quote]

mikesch@aloha.net

You can email him and thank him… I’m going to do that myself!

SSDD, right Sooner?

[quote=Church Militant]SSDD, right Sooner?
[/quote]

Actually this person when in great detail and I saw some pretty good spins, very appealing if one doesn’t know their faith.

[quote=Sooner4Christ]aloha.net/~mikesch/rc-links.htm

WOW! They really feel that the Catholic Church is the whore and the pope is the anti-Christ… and the list goes on. This is the most extreme effort I have seen in quite some time.
[/quote]

:bigyikes: You just can’t reason with people like this. You can only pray for them. :frowning:

well, i see a glowing set of nicely done advert links for seventh day adventists, which certainly explains the anti catholic ness of it

Another one of those anti-Catholic sites. Nothing new or original about it. I’m not wasting my time visiting it.

lol, yeah, they really do have some execellent links to our beautiful faith don’t they. :thumbsup:

[quote=Sooner4Christ]Actually this person when in great detail and I saw some pretty good spins, very appealing if one doesn’t know their faith.
[/quote]

And that’s the problem, because weenies like that prey on Catholics who don’t know better. JWs do it all the time, but what really stinks is when some dude can do like this guys does and then gets some Catholic kid whose surfin’ the net and mess up his head. What a drag… :frowning:

aloha.net/~mikesch/peters-jerusalem-tomb.htm

Do we have a response to this?

Anti-Catholic trash abounds on the internet and I avoid it, choosing to focus on the good Catholic resources on and offline. What bothers me more are websites and other sources of information that call themselves Catholic and contain blatant lies that are the OPPOSITE of the true teachings of the Catholic Church.:frowning:

[quote=Church Militant]And that’s the problem, because weenies like that prey on Catholics who don’t know better. JWs do it all the time, but what really stinks is when some dude can do like this guys does and then gets some Catholic kid whose surfin’ the net and mess up his head. What a drag… :frowning:
[/quote]

Very good point Michael!

PLEASE GIVE THIS GUY the link to this forum!!!

I just sent this man a Thank You e-mail. :smiley: for providing many great Catholic links to his readers who “accidently stumble” onto his web site.

Any bets on the kind of response I might get from him?? :rolleyes:

[quote=Magicsilence]aloha.net/~mikesch/peters-jerusalem-tomb.htm

Do we have a response to this?
[/quote]

I didn’t read the whole article, but the premise seems to be that Peter was never in Rome. That in and of itself is untrue.

i have been to rome. the article makes some false statements that severely inhibit its credibility. For example, it discusses the roman practice of internment of the dead and later moving the corpse, which is how they account for the tomb in jureusalem. HOWEVER, romans didnt believe in intering the dead, they cremated 100% of their dead. not surprisingly, a visit to rome will yeild countless miles of christian catechombs and no roman burial grounds prior to the conversion of Rome to christianity.

Next, Eyewitness historical accounts in themselves deny the rumor. THOUSANDS of people saw peter crucified in rome. Peter’s journey to rome is even recounted in the bible. we know he was there because all historical evidence points to it.

Finally, the premise of successful determination is the presence of the name on the tomb. I’ve google searched my name before and can’t find a single page on me amid the literally thousands of people who share the same name. one can’t even be sure that the tomb dates from exactly the same period as peter’s death, since the article claims that the body was moved to a new tomb after original internment. HOWEVER, simon bar jona was no longer KNOWN as simon. There is no reason ANYBODY connected to him in such a way as to ensure his proper burial rather than cremation would ever have put his OLD name on the tomb when he had a new name which he had fully adopted and used since his time with Christ.

Nice list of links…I must admit that the “666” was amusing. The disclaimer on the home page is one of the longest that I have ever seen. The page author seems to be so caught up in his causes. Perhaps he should take a moment from focusing on endi-times prophesy and concentrate in the present time.

I sent him an email thanking him for his Catholic Links. I suggested that he add catholic.com and catholic.org to his list.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.