Another argument

IM SICK OF PROTESTANTS<S<<S<S<S<S<S THEY MAKE UP **** THAT HAS NO BACKING WHATSOEVER AND CALL IT A DEBATE!@?!?!?!?@?@?@?@??@?@

WHY DOES GOD LET THIS HAPPEN, WHY CANT HE LET THEM SEE THE TRUTH, I WANT TO SMASH A HOUSE DOWN AT THE MOMENT!

UGHH! Ive had enough of them saying that we killed 150 million Christian martyrs. And that the Inquisition killed 20+ million people. I’m never debating with a protestant again. Seriously, that argument has done nothing good for them, simply strengthen my faith with the Church.

Guess what they said, when I said goodbye.

They said, ‘You catholics are condemned’

Don’t you just feel soooooo much at home with them?

Daniel 12:10 - but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand;

Well, their numbers are way off to begin with, did you ask them about the number of witches the protestants burned/drowned etc?

Look, God will allow them to see the truth. They refuse to see it. It is their choice to deny the authority of the church, of course many of them have been lied to in their religious upbringing. They are simply regurgitating what they’ve been told. They are still protesters against God’s Church.

Funnest thing to have protestants argue is why they accept the authority of the bible. If they can’t sight a reason, I won’t let them refer to it. I accept the validity of the bible as scripture because I accept the authority of Christ’s Church to teach infallibly and therefore am assured that they have correctly determined what constitutes scripture.

I assume you’ve done the standard thing, right. Picked one item of doctrine they disagree with you on and then said, “Hey, let’s settle this the way Christ instructed us to.”

That is first you try to correct them. Then you have a couple of witnesses (your catholic friends) try to correct them. If they refuse to listen to you, then go to the Church. If they refuse to listen to the Church- treat them as an ancient Jew would have treated a tax collector.

Matthew, 18; 15-18
'If your brother sins, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen, tell the Church. If he refuses to listen even to the Church, then treat him as you would a gentile or tax collector. Amen, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Problem your protestant friend will have is-- what church do you go to in order to settle it? Christ obviously intended there to be a real, physical Church with the authority to settle disputes on earth. Your protestant friend can’t tell you to go to his church because, why his protestant denomination vice the hundreds of others? Especially if their interpretations and teachings have changed over time. And each congregations minister has different interpretations. You have to figure out which one is the one true Church, a Church which has taught consistently and has actually recorded it’s doctrines—Welcome my brother to the Catholic Church established by Christ to settle these disputes via it’s authority to teach infallibly, Christ would not commit himself to binding or loosing things in heaven based on fallible decisions on earth.

Sorry, I apologise. I made this post in rage.

I delivered a speech at the Mass today. About Faith formation.
People commented that it was really good :slight_smile:

I’m so happy

Christ be with you. Thomas

Perhaps apologetics is not your gift and you should avoid it. However, giving talks may be your gift!

Scimitar-- no problem. You needed to vent and here we are a support group to help you deal with the frustration. The Bible points out that God and Christ both got angry at times. It is a sign of how deeply you care, but you should meditate and pray that you use your ability to care this much as God wants you to. At the heart of it, I would hope it is out of concern or their souls, a love of the Church’s teaching and wanting it properly understood. That may help you deal with their ignorance and allow God to grant you more patience.

… my dear friend ,

… whilst i am not inferring anything the protestants took 6 books out of v 72 book bible , 66 is a satanic # and 72 symbolises jesus and his true church , they must get this 6 back and become 666 or 72 again , food 4 them 2 think about …

… a little of my own numerology , they r mostly good – though ignorant …

… god bless u :thumbsup::slight_smile:

… john …

1 Peter 4:14 If you are insulted for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.

Matt 5:10-12

10 Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you (falsely) because of me.
12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I feel guilty at times for not getting mad at my non Catholic brothers and sisters. I can say that literally. When I hear anti-catholic speech (especially concerning my Heavenly Mother), I just say ok whatever. I realize that they just don’t get it. It’s really not their fault. They’ll get it one day. In this life or the afterlife. I pray for them. I don’t try to bring them to the truth, except by my actions. God bless:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forget arguing. It doesn’t work and is bad for your soul and the soul of the person you are arguing with. Everything must be done in love and kindness. Arm yourself with love and knowledge and be able to rationally explain why their perceptions are wrong. If you start to get angry, quit.

Remember that our Protestant brothers and sisters are Christians and they love Jesus as much as you do and are loved by God just as much as He loves you. Find some common ground to share and discuss with them. Most of this is done out of ignorance and sincere belief, although some of it is not, but those who go out of their way to “trash” Catholics and other religious groups because of bigotry and pride will have to answer to God for that.

And don’t play the same game–don’t lump all of our Protestant brothers and sisters into one category–that is not fair to them. Everyone needs to be treated with respect and as a child of God. I am under the impression, from your first post, that you view them as the enemy. Try to change your attitude about that. They are not the enemy. They have the truth, just not the fullness of it. Remember, you are not out there to win an argument–you are out there to present the truth–it is the Holy Spirit that does the convicting.

And above all, pray.

This is the conclusion I’ve come too as well; arguing with anyone is pointless and only leads to anger.

Arguing rarely solves anything.

If anything it can trigger that part of our human nature that gets competitive and wants to “win”. When that happens people tend to close their minds to what is being said. Best to just remove yourself from the situation.

I think your passion of the defense of our faith is to commended, yet I think some of the other posters gave you some great points of wisdom to consider.

God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.