Another Catholic Bashing Site!

I was looking around at some things, and found another website that is bashing catholics beliefs, but this one got me a litle worried at a couple things it said. What could be more scary than finding out your own faith is a sham, and as weak as I am, I actually kind of bought in to ths garbage…

Anyone ever doubt their faith by reading things like this?

chick.com/reading/books/160/160_34.asp

[quote=Steven87]I was looking around at some things, and found another website that is bashing catholics beliefs, but this one got me a litle worried at a couple things it said. What could be more scary than finding out your own faith is a sham, and as weak as I am, I actually kind of bought in to ths garbage…

[/quote]

I’ve not bought into Jack Chicks garbage but, then again, I read Roman Catholicism vs. Fundamentalism at quite an early age. I’d recommend going to the Church for information before this website. This is why apologetics is soooooooooooo important. It’s easy to buy into what you don’t understand. The devil just eggs us on. I’d start with the idea that the Church is right and then find out why. If you take this approach you will more than likely find out that Mr. Chick is a liar or, at best, someone who quite misunderstood the Catholic Faith. :thumbsup:

[quote=Steven87]I was looking around at some things, and found another website that is bashing catholics beliefs, but this one got me a litle worried at a couple things it said. What could be more scary than finding out your own faith is a sham, and as weak as I am, I actually kind of bought in to ths garbage…

[/quote]

The stuff he proposes is so outlandish and over the top, how can anyone give it any credibility?

[/quote]

Considering the first line espouses heresy, there is nothing to worry about.

The Catechism pronounces that, as the one true church, those who are baptized into the Catholic church are assured of heaven:

The Catholic Church never taught eternal security, therefore the rest of the article is meaningless.

and that is exactly what chick publications is counting on, that perhaps your faith is weak or you do not really understand many of teachings of the Catholic church so you can be misguided and lead to believe that your faith is a wrong as they say it is. You should really read Catholic answers tracts on the chick publications. I had any experience about 5 years ago when I was really getting to know Jesus on a much more meaningful level and I wondered why I hadn’t ‘found’ the same passion in my own Catholic upbringing or church. I was confused and perhaps doubted a bit…but I read and fully understood one thing that changed any doubt and that was that the Catholic Church is the one true church established my Christ himself and that no other ‘church’, denomination can trace their roots all the way back to St. Peter. We can. You also might really like to read Pillar of fire , Pillar of Truth (Free) check the home page for Catholic Answers.
catholic.com/library/sr_chick_tracts_p1.asp

[/quote]

Isn’t the Chick magazines from the parody site Landover Baptist? they refer to Chick magazines alot, even on the forums there. And I admit I stumbled a bit when I saw their material on women with scriptures supporting it.

Evanescence

Hahaha! another anti catholic site. whats new!

Guys this anti catholic sites are the religion which has the envy on the number of members of the catholic church. They always say that we enter the CC because it has the majority or what and not because of the teachings of Jesus Christ. duh!

Why do they write these things? because they want also to multiply their members to gain profit and to be acknowleged. Their main purpose is not to spread the good news but to spread their wrong teachings about the CC.

Let’s pray for them!

this isn’t a new site, and thank God you have the brains to realize the garbage this stuff is, rather than listening to that malarky.

Not everyone is able to do that, some will read it, and rather than seeking the catholic answers to these allegations, accept that this guy is telling the truth…nothing gets me angrier, than blatant and deliberate protestant mis-representation of the Catholic faith, and what the Catholic Church really teaches…it’s too bad that many God fearing truly great people believe this stuff, and would never look at the Catholic faith as a result.

Steven87 – this irreverent thread is scandalously sarcastic, but have a good laugh, reading the posts by severinus: [/font]

Dear Steven,

What could be more scary than finding out your own faith is a sham, and as weak as I am, I actually kind of bought in to ths garbage…

I took the liberty to read a number of your threads and posts, because I’m having a difficult time trying to understand why you post these links for other Catholics to read. You surely must realize that there may be other persons who read what you post and also become weak?

What possible answer were you looking for from us?
You subtly force the reader to absorb the heresy found in your link in order to answer your question, which has a yes/no possibility. Yes, that was my problem, discerning your motivation, so I read a little further to get to know you. I saw your link picturing the woman’s breasts, and I wondered again why you would show this here, out of consideration for others’ decency.

You repeat so often that you are weak and scrupulous, which puzzles me why your spiritual diet consists routinely of garbage. Take another look at your preference for offensive websites, movies and the like. And then you repeat it as if you want us to look at them, too. http://forum.catholic.com/images/smilies/ani/ani_yikes.gif

Sirach 13 vs. 1: "He who touches pitch blackens his hand."
vs. 14-16: “Every living thing loves its own kind, every man a man like himself. Every being is drawn to its own associates. Is a wolf ever allied with a lamb?”

Tradition always shows Jesus “browsing among the lilies.” There seems to be an attraction for you to browse on unwholesome, dangerous food, by your own admission. Unless you remove yourself from these “occasions of sin” which you promise to avoid when you go to confession and recite the Act of Contrition, you may one day fall into a trap of no return.

I deal with sincere kindness and admonition, my friend, for I don’t think you are on a safe path.

Carole

Why go to anti-Catholic website? What’s the point? That’s like going to alchemy sites and then having doubts about the periodic table of the elements. Or watching David Copperfield, then having doubts about the laws of physics.

Exactly, Jim,

The computer does not inject these sites upon our screen unawares - we have to log on to them. There is culpability for what we choose to view.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.