Another court date

I hate to even ask again, but we’re gearing up for another court date this coming Thursday and it would be so much easier to face knowing we are being covered in prayer. Depending on how things go, this could be our last one or there could be several more. We’re wearing down - to the point of losing faith, to say nothing of sanity. Not only am I asking for prayer for the hearing, but every time we have to go and face this monster, I seem to malfunction for days afterward- I mean really lose it. It’d be nice to have this ease up a little. As always, thank you all SO MUCH for the prayer support. We couldn’t have made it through alone.

Dear marthagreys,

Here is what I would prayerfully do on your next court date (any one of the suggestions, or as many as you like):

1. Bless yourself with holy water at home in the morning before you go to court.
  2. Wear a scapular.
  3. Bring a Rosary with you. Either say the Rosary in the car on the way there, or pull the Rosary out and hold it in court and pray if you are able, or pray some time before you enter the courtroom.
  4. Pray to St. Michael before entering the court.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

:gopray:

Please don’t ‘hate to ask’. Ask anytime you wish. You’re living through such difficult times that you need all the prayer support you can get. Please don’t ever refrain for asking our prayers when it all seems to much.
I don’t think you’re losing faith so much as being emotionally and mentally exhausted.

I ask God to take care of you and your daughter.
And I ask the Spirit to pray in you and your daughter, and in us for you both every day, whether we’re thinking of you or not.

martha, I’m sorry for your situation. I’ll be praying for you, and will lift up your intention tomorrow at mass. Rest assure, that God hears your prayers, and all of ours praying for you…and I’m praying for you to feel His peace. :gopray:

Praying for your situation…

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours, now and forever. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was
it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with
this condence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Jesus please be with this mother and her daughter throughout the entire Court proceeding and afterwards.

Angels and Saints in heaven please join in our prayers for this family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.