Another documentary making bold claims

Hello all,

I was one of the people who got caught up in that ‘Zeitgeist’ movie, and the claims that it made about the Egyptian/Pagan origins of Christianity. There was some excellent research and debate in some threads in this forum that thoroughly debunked the documentary’s claim, and this really helped solidify the historical/spiritual basis of Catholicism in my mind.

A friend at work told me about another global-conspiracy “documentary” called “Ring of Power”. It’s a very long (2+ hours), but it makes some more detailed claims about Judaism, Christianity, and the Catholic church specifically. Here’s a link to the first part of the movie if you want to see it. Be aware that this contains mature/offensive content. (It is in 32 parts)
liveleak.com/view?i=fda_1194447717

So you don’t have to watch the whole stupid thing, I am attempting to sum up the claims this “documentary” makes, and see if these claims have been researched/debunked before. I know that this is a lot for one post, but I want to encourage a discussion and research into the historical basis of the claims, and not just “writing off” the claims as some crazy theory.

As a final disclaimer, I am a devout Catholic, and I get really upset when these movies attempt to demonise/falsify the Gospel of Jesus and His Church. I don’t want to blindly say that it’s not true, but I want to be able to defend against these claims from an academic, historical, and logical position. I don’t want to offend anyone, but I seek to strenghten our

Anyway, in the most logical order possible, here are the claims made by this monstrosity:

1. Jacob, Joseph, Abraham, and Jesus were all Egyptian pharaohs that ruled in Egypt. (Abraham was pharaoh Amenmhent, whose is dated to have lived around the same time of Abraham). Access to the “forbidden” pyramid of Amenmhet today is prohibited, because modern world rulers don’t want scholars to “know the truth”.

2. Jesus was really Caesaria, the son of Julius Caesar, and Cleopatra, who in his “unaccounted-for” years, studied Buddhism, in India, returned to Egypt and plotted to start a new religion to recover “his father’s kingdom”, referring to Julius Caesar. He traveled to Ancient England with Joseph of Aramathia. They cite the druids/dead sea scrolls to substantiate this claim.

3. God the Father is really the Egyptian God “Amun”, who was the “God of Gods”, and is why we say “Amen” after prayers, etc. (Despite the dictionary definition of “Amen”).

4. The Vatican, London center, and Washington DC are all private City States, and are secretly planning to control the world (Washington = world’s army, London = world’s wealth, Vatican = world’s spirituality/control).

5. All three of the above mentioned city-states have an Egyptian obilisque (spelling?) at their center. These are dedicated to Amun, and represent male fertility, and is an indicator that the above characters in the Bible were actually Pharaohs.

6. The Vatican is an incredibly wealthy organization that has most of the worlds wealth, and profited from WWII and the holocaust.

7. Generally, these biblical characters were really Pharaohs in Egypt that hid their identity from the Egyptians and Hebrews, and are actively seeking to fulfill some deranged version God’s covenant to rule the world. And that continues today in modern times with Queen Elizabeth, the Pope, and the bankers (Rothchilds, Morgans, Rockefellers, etc), who are all part of this agenda for New World Order.

I’ve heard and dealt with all kinds of unfounded Catholocism claims. I’ve dealt with Zeitgeist, and the DaVinci Code attacks, but I have never heard one this thorough, and that cited this many facts and wove so many things together. Hopefully we can debunk this junk. Thanks for the help/insight!

-erbo

Wow, the more I type out these claims, the more absurd I realize it is. This is also going to be difficult to debunk, because I can’t find a source list anywhere online.

Part I: 9/11 THE UNTOLD STORY (38 min.) Half the world believes Muslims were responsible for 9/11. The other half believes Israeli Zionists were responsible. Who’s right?

Part II: HIDDEN EMPIRE (22 min.) The world’s most powerful empire is not the U.S.A. It is an empire that insiders call “Empire Of The City”.

Part III: TRAIL OF THE PHARAOHS (25 min.) Did the Biblical Abraham really live to be 175? Did Moses really turn staffs into snakes and rivers into blood?

Part IV: GOD AND THE QUEEN (30 min.) Genealogy charts show that British and French royalty are descendants of Mary Magdalene and Jesus Christ. Is it true?

Part V: ALL THE QUEEN’S MEN (22 min.) How rich and powerful is Queen Elizabeth II?

Part VI: THE GODFATHERS (30 min.) They scammed control of the Bank of England and the U.S. Federal Reserve, then they found GOD – Gold, Oil and Drugs.

Part VII: CHEATING AT MONOPOLY (52 min.) How many people would play a game of monopoly if the banker was cheating and fixing the rules? Over 6 billion.

Part VIII: A**ES OF EVIL (29 min.) The New World Order Mafia are invisible rulers who make puppets out of politicians, heroes out of villains and villains out of heroes.

Part IX: KING OF HEARTS (22 min.) The ultimate goal of “insiders” is to disarm the world and create one world empire under one world ruler. Who is he?

Part X: SOLUTIONS (28 min.) Protesting and writing letters to deaf politicians doesn’t work. What does work?

The Producer is an experienced, award winning documentary filmmaker who, as a child, learned that her father was a member of the secretive cult of Freemasonry. She recalls many arguments between her parents over her father’s secret meetings and the exclusion of women from the brotherhood. The Masonic ring that her father wore had been passed down from father to son over the generations. When she asked her father about the meaning of the letter “G” and the compass and square on his ring, she got no response. As an adult, she decided to investigate. That investigation grew into four years of intensive research into the identity and history of the diabolical globalists who she calls the “Ring Of Power”. Their goal is one World Empire and one world ruler.

Nuts with money made this. Muslims extremists (al Queda?) may be behind the production of such nonsense. A few years ago Egyptian television produce and aired a “documentary” about the debunked “Protocols of Zion” claiming that it was true.

If you tell a lie big enough, people will believe it.

I have not looked at it, but it is utterly ridiculous.

I will deal with some of your claims below. It should clear some of them up nicely.

Of those listed above, only Joseph would make any sense to be equated to being a pharoh. Most scholars place the birth of Jesus in the last few years of the reign of Herod the great (as does the Bible), but this was years after the death of Cleopatra who was the last “pharoh” of Egypt. After that Egypt was ruled as a province of Rome. Any Pharoh of Egypt would have been killed.

The patriarch’s would certainly have had to fall a long way for the Exodus to make sense. In any case, the Bible clearly shows Jacob and Abraham (who both spent time in Egypt) as being foreigners in Egypt, not rulers of Egypt. If they had been rulers of Egypt, why did they spend so much time in Cannan? The claim makes little sense. If they were men who had the same or similar names who were pharohs, it still would not support the claim because clearly those men would not be the same as the Biblical Patriarchs. To equate them I would need to see stronger evidence than you have posted here.

1. Jesus was really Caesaria, the son of Julius Caesar,

Since Jesus’s Public ministry most likely took place at some point in the 20’s or 30’s AD and Julius Caesar died in 44 BC, it seems unlikely in the extreme that two could be the same man. It just makes no sense for a man in his 60s or 70s would start a vigorous public ministry at that point in their life (remember without modern medicine, most didn’t live that long and those in their 70s would more likely than not be rather infirmed by modern standards).

1. God the Father is really the Egyptian God “Amun”, who was the “God of Gods”, and is why we say “Amen” after prayers, etc. (Despite the dictionary definition of “Amen”).

So why not say Amun as opposed to Amen? Just because words sound alike, doesn’t mean they share a common origin. Besides, the biblical use of the word Amen would make no sense if they were invoking a divine name.

1. The Vatican, London center, and Washington DC are all private City States, and are secretly planning to control the world

Classic conspiracy theory claims. Why are London and DC considered city states when they are already the Capitals of Powerful Nation States? Also, why is New York not on the list? It seems equally influential financially as London.

[quote]
5. All three of the above mentioned city-states have an Egyptian obilisque (spelling?) at their center.

How it gets back to the biblical figures being pharohs, I have no idea. It was common for Empires to plunder from places they conquored. Egypt, because of its age, and its impressive monuments was plundered more than most. America’s obilisk was created as a monument to Washington. If anything, the American one might have links to the Masons, but not directly to Egypt.

1. The Vatican is an incredibly wealthy organization that has most of the worlds wealth, and profited from WWII and the holocaust.

Then why are they trying to control the world with religion? If they control most of the world’s wealth, they should be able to control the world that way instead of letting London do it.

Whenever some one starts making claims that are not consistent with each other, its time for the BS radar to go into overdrive.

1. Generally, these biblical characters were really Pharaohs in Egypt that hid their identity from the Egyptians and Hebrews, and are actively seeking to fulfill some deranged version God’s covenant to rule the world. And that continues today in modern times with Queen Elizabeth, the Pope, and the bankers (Rothchilds, Morgans, Rockefellers, etc), who are all part of this agenda for New World Order.

The words New World Order should tell you right there that this is a looney conspiracy theory. Its probably put together by a bunch of anti-catholic, anti-semitic isolationists who want to basically return the United States to where it was in 1900. Who knows it might be a conspiracy to undermine Christianity :).

I’ve heard and dealt with all kinds of unfounded Catholocism claims. I’ve dealt with Zeitgeist, and the DaVinci Code attacks, but I have never heard one this thorough, and that cited this many facts and wove so many things together. Hopefully we can debunk this junk. Thanks for the help/insight!

-erbo

When you start with a conspiracy theory in mind, it is often easy to find facts to justify the position. For example, I can use facts to show that the invention of the Automatic Transmission is directly responsible for the decline of morals in this country… but that is another thread :).

Bill
[/quote]

Thanks Bill!

You provided some good insight. After reading back over the posts and watching some more of the documentary, some of the claims really seem to be way off.

I think where the documentary goes out on a limb is to cover up exactly what you pointed out. The dates of Jesus’ ministry DON’T line up with the claims that Jesus was really Caesaria. They claim that the Bible was purposefully distorted and the stories were changed, and the dates were about 30 years off…how “convenient” for them!

At some point they show a chart of a biblical “who’s who?” chart that shows who each biblical character “really” was…the tribe of Dan became the Vikings. The claims get more crazy from there.

The crux of this for me is this: I firmly believe that many of the world’s institutions have a great deal of corruption in them (politicians, foreign policy, monetary policy, mass media, unjust wars, etc). While I don’t think that there is some huge global conspiracy, I do acknowledge that there is an effort to undermine man’s God-given liberties, and redistribute wealth. Any claim that the Catholic Church/Christianity is contributing to this bothers me. Jesus and His Church is the greatest gift God has given us, and not a tool of fascism or tyranny.

I doubt it is Muslims who made this. Granted there are some who would love to undermine the Catholic Church and the USA, but most of the extremists believe they are following the will of God, and Islam in general holds the patriarchs mentioned to be prophets of God.

Bill

Please start this thread!

All the cars I ever bought were manual transmission. When I married my atheist wife, who later divorced me, she made me get a car with an automatic transmission. Should I sell my car and get one with a manual transmission? Would that help me be closer to God?

http://bestsmileys.com/oneofakind/12.gif

Why do the words “demented” & “piffle” come to mind :cool: ?

But they do, they certainly do…

That explains a lot - I always did wonder what or whom television evangelists worshipped: an Egyptian god, of course.

That proves that Protestantism is not Christian - it’s Amun worship, of course it is. It is so obvious, if one stops to think. That explains why Benny Hinn worships nine gods - he’s worshipping the Great Ennead, obviously. It’s all beginning to make sense ! :newidea:

Well I am not going to start another thread on this, but I would point out some particular points.

1. The Automatic Transmission first became popular in the post WWII years. This just so happens to be around the same time that the divorce rate in America Sky rocketed. Coincidence? I think not.

2. People drive automatic transmissions because they are too lazy to drive a manual transmission. I seem to remember that sloth is one of the seven deadly sins.

3. In the 1940s, the Automatic Transmission was considered a status symbol, thus it elicited pride in those who owned them, and envy in those who didn’t. Of course those who envied them would get greedy as they needed more money to buy one. Thus three more deadly sins.

4. Of course, making it easier to drive made it easier for teens to date further and further from home. It wouldn’t be long before this greater independence and dating … well, I will leave it to your imaginations, but well, we have the deadly sin of lust covered now.

5. Automatic transmissions are less efficient than a manual, as a result using them is more wasteful. So the deadly sin of gluttony is involved as well.

6. Finally, those of us who drive manual transmission cars (who are otherwise virtuous O:)) now get mad (or wrathful) at drivers of automatics who drive poorly because they never put the effort into learning how to drive properly.

Thus, there you have it, the automatic transmission is a temptation to all seven deadly sins and can be tied to the increase in the divorce rate in this country. Thus it is responsible for the decline of morals in this country.

Bill

Well, at the end, they say prince William is the antichrist, and he’s going to take power in 2015, so I’ll wait until then…:rolleyes:

Thank you. I see that. It looks like I will be selling my car. :tiphat:

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif

But that won’t happen because isn’t the world supposed to end on December 21, 2012?

Ignore.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.