Another door closed today

Received another “no” to a job application today, and it really hurts. It’s so difficult to keep finding jobs that I would be qualified for, and that would not interfere with my family commitments only to have the door be shut.

I’m fighting off a bad case of despair right now and so would really appreciate your prayers. I keep telling myself God has good plans for me, but it’s hard to hold onto that right now.

Thank you.

CJ

Praying hard for you to find a great job.

Praying for you! When I was looking for my second teaching jobs, I was turned down by so many miserable jobs that I was more than qualified for and I was begining to get a little depressed. (and worried) It was August and I was begining to look for non-teaching jobs to make ends meet when I finally was offered a job, the best one of all the different jobs I’d interviewed for, two days before the start of school! God has a plan for you! Don’t lose hope!

I’m so sorry to hear that; A Yes should be in your future!
My prayers are with you.

Mary.

Dearest Cradle Journey,

Keep praying. Keep applying. Be happy with each day as it is while you still keep looking.

Yes, as you said, God does have a plan.

Don’t despair today… enjoy today.

I’m sorry that it hurts to not be accepted when applying for a job. Remember its not a personal “no” or rejection about who you are - it means they didn’t choose you as their employee. There could be many reasons you weren’t hired - it could be that God knew it was not the right job for you.

May God lead you to the right job. May you feel God’s peace while you look for a job.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

St. Joseph, patron of workers and protector of families, and St. Anthony of Padua, please pray for those of us who need jobs to find them!

Well I must say I’ve been in your “shoes” a few times but one in particular sticks out enormously: I had just bought a house based upon two part time jobs and giving voice lessons. Lost all my voice lesson students because the house was 20 minutes further; lost my first part time job and knew I had to find a full time job. So I did a novena to the Blessed Mother, every single Tuesday evening, and the week after completing it I got a full time job. Now, this was far from the job of my dreams (oy believe me that man I worked for was a horror LOL) but it got me what I needed and it got me to the NEXT job which was much better. Trust. He won’t let you starve. Try the novena, She’s remarkable.

I just said a prayer for you. May you persevere! God bless you.

Amen

:gopray:

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
and the Glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus.
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen

What ellzeena said is good advice. One novena I prayed that was miraculous as far as my job situation a few years back was the 54-Day Rosary Novena. It carried me through a contract position that was supposed to end shortly after Christmas. But instead, every day I said one more Rosary, and I stayed at the job for that one more day. The last day of the Rosary Novena, two things happened … my contract position ended, and I wound up getting a part-time job. The part-time job led to a full-time job shortly after Divine Mercy Sunday.

I should point out that I was really sick with possibly either bronchitis or walking pneumonia while I had the contract job and the temp agency had told me not to take any sick time so I had to work while really sick for weeks. As for the part-time job … well, let’s just say many things about it were rather unusual and the money wasn’t what I was used to … but I knew it was exactly where God … and Mary … wanted me to be … it was all just too coincidental, and I was very grateful. So prayers do get answered, but that won’t automatically mean things will be what you might expect.

Keep posting here and praying with us.

Praying for you:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

When a door closes a window will open. Yes God will grant favor for you, He knows what you need even before you ask of it. I declare in the name of Jesus that jobs will be overflowing and coming your way. Do not be despair, keep on pressing forward. Meet each day with hopes and joys.

Mt:10:31-32
Even all the hairs of your head are counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.