Another muslim question...

Ok,
Ive been asking a few muslim questions on here of late cause my friend has converted and recently married one and im curious as to see what she has gotten herself into…
I was curious and thought i would look up a muslim forum to find out a bit more and came upon this…

QUOTE(Othman @ Jan 30 2007, 11:46 PM)
Well its spot off.

Take my own example. I believe, unreservedly, that:

1. the Shari’ah is superior to any other law;
  2. Islam is the only correct way of life, and is superior to all others;
  3. Islam is bound to dominant all other ways of life;
  4. the Khilafah must be re-established;
  5. all Western interference in the Muslim world must cease;
  6. Isreal is an illegal state which has no right to exist where it does;
  7. Democracy, secularism and western liberalism are all kufr ideologies.

Beliefs which in the books of those who use such labels, makes me a ‘radical’.

Yet I do not have an irrelgious or criminal past. I do not feel rejected by the society I live in, and I do relate to my parents’ culture. In fact I have been raised and educated in this society, and have graduated from one of its premier universities. So go figure.

Now this was taken from a muslim living in Australia, and currently we are having a debate in this country with the amount of muslims we should allow to immigrate here. After reading this, im beginning to wonder if all muslims think that way? Cause if they do, its no wonder countries such as france etc are worried about their muslim intake.
Im not starting this thread to have a debate, but was wondering if this is the TRUE view of all muslims?
Thanks

You need to remember that one should never judge a book by merely looking at it’s cover.

By the sort of questions that you are asking, it is obvious that this is what you are trying to do here i.e.to try to “understand” Islam by looking at the outward appearances and sentiments of Muslims.

I would judge the truth of Christianity or any other faith by examining the contents of their scriptures, NOT by looking at the actions or sentiments of their followers.

If indeed you wish to understand Islam, then I suggest that you do the same with regard to studying the scriptures of Islam, most notably the Qur’an.

However, even if you do not have the inclination to study the Qur’an, then I would submit that the next best way for Christians to understand Islam is by studying the teachings of their own Bible.

You will find that by and large, there is no contradiction between the Qur’an and the Bible… except in those places where the Bible contradicts itself.

I agree with you here, but would probably reach different conclusions than you. And I am sure there are a wide array of interpretations to be made.

However, even if you do not have the inclination to study the Qur’an, then I would submit that the next best way for Christians to understand Islam is by studying the teachings of their own Bible.

You will find that by and large, there is no contradiction between the Qur’an and the Bible… except in those places where the Bible contradicts itself.

I strongly disagree with you here. There is no equivalent to Surah 9, verse 5 in the Bible as far as I can tell. As a Catholic, I can find no directive to “slay the infidels wherever you find them” in my Bible.

There are those that I know and have talked to that do not take the literal interpretation of the Qur’an in many cases and they are more secular or progressive followers of the faith. The thing is, the Qur’an is meant to be the word of Allah as transcribed by Mohammad, very much unlike the Bible. Therefore the Qur’an cannot be abbrogated. This is the fundamental difficulty from certain radical members of the Islamic faith.

But I am diverging from the point on this.

More to the original question, Sharia law is a religious set of laws based wholly on the Qur’an, the Hadith and teachings of the Prophet (P.B.U.H.). This is in stark contrast to Western society which separates faith and law. Sharia is very strict and conservative. To say that women are undervalued under strict interpretations of Sharia is quite an understatement. Women cannot leave the house without a male member of the family, cannot drive, etc. in many countries governed by Sharia law. I could go on about this further, but there may be more qualified individuals on this topic.

-Graing

I would say that list is pretty accurate. Islam’s goal is to dominate the world and destroy all other forms of governments and religions!

When too many members of a religion commit atrocities you have to wonder about its teachings!

indeed you wish to understand Islam, then I suggest that you do the same with regard to studying the scriptures of Islam, most notably the Qur’an.

You still haven’t proven that the Quran is the word of God! You only believe it because Muhammad said it was and you choose to believe in it without any foundation. You keep ignoring the bit about the stars being created as missiles to throw at the jinns. Would God really say that?

If the Quran was really the word of God as Muslims claim, why would Muhammad allow his scribe Abdullah Ibn Abi Sarh to change the wording? When Abdullah realized that there were no revelations and that Muhammad was making it all up, he escaped from Medina and went to Mecca where he revealed what he knew, and Muhammad later ordered his execution!

The Bible has nothing to do with Islam or its teachings since Islam did not exist until Muhammad invented it.

Wishful thinking!

Historical errors in the Quran.
answering-islam.org/BehindVeil/btv7.html

Contradictions in the Quran.
answering-islam.org/BehindVeil/btv7.html

answering-islam.org.uk/Quran/Contra/

Capricious revelation of the Quran. The Quranic verses were revealed according to the caprices of Muhammad, his companions and his wives.

answering-islam.org/BehindVeil/btv9.html

Vickie :stuck_out_tongue:

dolphinlove,

The simple answer is, YES they all think that way… if they are loyal to their religion that is. Ask several more the same questions, and you’ll be surprised what you find.

PS: please make sure the Muslims you ask actually answer your questions rather than trying to get off the subject or ‘tu quoque’ as the first responder to this thread has so kindly demonstrated…

I would like to agree with you, but im sorry to say, others in this forum also agreed with this person, so to me, this is how they do actually think…

and also, i dont want to study the quran, i only want the basics on islam, for i do not know the full teachings of the catholic church, and would much rather study and learn about my beautiful church :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.