Another reason to not watch football

really? since there appears to be a light on (over the woman’s right shoulder) i am assuming this is indoor; maybe a box. the rules as per the air force.

Key regulations and some of their details are:
AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 34-1201
4 OCTOBER 2006
Services
PROTOCOL

2.17.2. Indoors. Military members in uniform, while in formations, should wear appropriate headgear and render the military salute at the first note of the National Anthem and maintain that position until the last note. While not wearing headgear during an indoor ceremony, military members, in formation or not, should stand at attention at the first note of the National Anthem and maintain that position until the last note without rendering the military salute. There is one exception to this. Military members in uniform, under arms, should salute. Civilians should stand at attention facing the flag with their right hand over their heart.

The standard of one person’s virtues should not depend on another’s lack of virtues.

I voted for and supported neither of them.

Well the list for both could get mighty lengthy but that is not my place to sit in judgement. I voted for who I thought had the BEST interest of the country in their plans. There is no perfect choice in any election.

There are perfectly bad choices though and that was two of them.

does anyone know what hillary believes in? she will say and do anything for her agenda.

yep trump was all that and probably more and people still trusted him more than lying hillary.

speaks volumes

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

(a) Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(b) Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

© all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

Question now begs if the Air Force rule supercedes US Code?

Notice there is no distinction between inside or outside.

But the real issue, is that no one really cares whether you watch football or not. If you are a football fan, you are going to watch it regardless. If you are indifferent or not a fan of Football, then you probably will not watch it. NOBODY CARES REALLY.

UNLESS you happen to belong to one the 25,000 households that make up the Nielsen Family that determines what 318,000,000 plus people are going to watch next year.

I know Nielsen Ratings like the back of my hand.

i don’t believe it disagrees with the code but expands it to further detail: indoor versus outdoor and wearing headgear versus not. note the first part is in agreement with the code

2.17.2. Indoors. Military members in uniform, while in formations, should wear appropriate headgear and render the military salute at the first note of the National Anthem and maintain that position until the last note. While not wearing headgear during an indoor ceremony, military members, in formation or not, should stand at attention at the first note of the National Anthem and maintain that position until the last note without rendering the military salute. There is one exception to this. Military members in uniform, under arms, should salute. Civilians should stand at attention facing the flag with their right hand over their heart.

i have been a fan since superbowl 2. last year, i went to different sports bars every sunday to watch multiple games at the same time. i have not watch an nfl game this year. it does matter to some of us.

how many are like me i don’t know or care but my sunday nfl is now saturday college.

Like I said before, in the whole scheme of things, the decision of the individual to not watch the game will have no affect on next years airing of games. The only people that control what we watch next year is the Nielsen Family.

Here is how things work.
a) Network evaluates the Nielsen Ratings. ( using code I helped write for 3 years )
b) From those ratings they determine how much they can charge for advertisement spot.
c) NFL put out bids for 3 blocks of airing ( 1 Block of Monday night airing, 1 Block of 2 or 3 airings, and the remaining Block of the remaining games )
d) ESPN won the 3rd Block by being the highest bidder and the Monday Night Block
e) ESPN then pays the NFL the monies promised
f) NFL distributes those monies equally to each of the teams.
g) Those teams use those monies to pay the players.

Now if you really wanted to affect what is aired next year? Boycott the products that are advertised by ESPN and also Boycott, the products that are advertised by Fox during their football games. That is only real power the individual has, but that power has to be exercised en mass

doing that

I think I heard today ESPN is down sizing–laying off employees… something might affect the airing of next year’s games…?

i can’t say as i’m sorry. after jemele hill called on watchers to boycott dallas cowboy sponsors; i followed her advice and boycotted the nfl and espn. maybe a lot of people followed her advice…

ESPN’s NFL contract runs through the 2021 season. Unless there’s an early termination clause, you probably heard that ESPN is considering not bidding on the Monday Nigh Football package in the next round of negotiations.

I’m 100% for people boycotting the NFL. Tickets prices are way down! Keep protesting!

Racist for believing it is disrespectful to kneel in protest during the anthem? Misunderstanding perhaps. I
can understand that perspective. But racist? ok.

You know every time you use that slur you are creating a bigger backliash against political correctness?

In Australia too there has been a push by some people to introduce victim politics into sports and this has attracted criticism also. It seems to be a determined policy to go into aspects of the culture that had previously been free of that ideology/religion.

If someone else picks up the Monday night football it will be interesting to compare ratings.

good grief; i am a veteran as well; you are one bitter person, shipmate

The kneeling thing has to stop. I’m a football freak and I’m starting to think it is because the 49er’s keep kneeling that they are losing. Haven’t won a single game. Shame shame shame.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.