Another respected Protestant theologian comes home

scecclesia.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/news-just-in-michael-root-becomes-catholic/

Amen,…By the Grace of the Holy Spirit, he will finally meet Jesus in the Eucharist!! :thumbsup:

www.prime1-marco.blogspot.com

What an amazing article. Thanks for posting it.

A beret-wearing convert…interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder how much of his conversion is really, as he says, about how God saves us, etc. and how much of it is fleeing from the disgusting immorality of ELCA?

I found out this past weekend that the Lutheran Bishop who participated in the Ecumenical Synod in the 1990s also became a Catholic in 2000, and was ordained to the Catholic priesthood in 2006. :slight_smile:

Is there an organization or website of converts, both the well-known Protestants and all the nobodies like me and my husband?

I think it would be good to get together and be a witness.

You might want to check out the Coming Home Network: chnetwork.org/

The also have a forum: chnetwork.org/forum/

are not Lutherans half Catholic ? I guess he did not have to swim very far

There is no such thing as “half Catholic”. Either one is Catholic, or they are not. Non-Catholic is called Protestant. There is no half way.

~Liza

19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us - 2 John 2:19

:eek: Are you saying Catholics are not part of the Body of Christ? Shame on you. It’s always fun to hear Evangelicals (I won’t say Protestants because some don’t do this, Lutherans, Anglicans) talk about how it doesn’t matter what church one attends and then when they find out someone is Catholic or converted to Catholicism we get a knee jerk reaction such as above.

Explain yourself Auburn.

God bless

[quote=Roman_Catholic;]:eek: Are you saying Catholics are not part of the Body of Christ?
[/quote]

No, not at all. I’ve saying that this particular individual wasn’t a Christian.

Shame on you.

Yeah, how dare I not say something I’ve never said that you want me to say!

You are saying Root was not a Christian?

That’s still who we’re talking about, isn’t it?

I get your point, and he would not have to swim as far as a Baptist would - but there is still a fair amount of distance to cover, even for a Lutheran. :slight_smile:

And now that he is Catholic Auburn?..

God bless

I always thought that this verse was referring to Protestants, schismatics, and heretics. :wink:

People are Christians or not Christians on an individual basis. Belonging to any religious organization doesn’t make one a Christian. It is just as possible to be a Catholic, yet not be a Christian, as it is to be a member of any Christian denomination and not be a Christian.

And you would be wrong.

Pope Auburn hath spoken. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, Jesus founded one Church - the Catholic Church. It is whoever departs from His Church, which the Apostles tell us is “One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic” that the verse is referring to.

St. John could not have been speaking about departing from Lutheranism, or any other form of Protestantism, because none of these began to exist until more than 1500 years later.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.