Answering Eph 5

Eph 5
25] Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
26] that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
27] that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

I posted this on another forum to get the protestant perspective on these passages. I know what the Catholic church teaches if you want to answer the undrlined parts of the passages. However, I have a difficult time articulating the who what where of the CCs position. Paul is obviously referring “the church” that Christ started, Catholic, but I would like more scripture to prove this. Can someone put the cookies on the bottom shelf for me?

Thanks

Eric

Have you been to www.scripturecatholic.com yet? The entire mission of the website is to put the Scriptural cookies on the bottom shelf for all Catholic doctrine!

God Bless,
RyanL

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.