Answering Islam

Does anyone know any good apologetics, preferably online, aimed at Muslims? Perhaps something that answers the absurd claims of such sites as answering-christianity.com/ac.htm. (A lot of the junk on that site I could answer myself, but I can’t go through the entire site point by point, and neither do I have all the answers!)

Thanks.

[quote=twf]Does anyone know any good apologetics, preferably online, aimed at Muslims? Perhaps something that answers the absurd claims of such sites as answering-christianity.com/ac.htm.
[/quote]

I doubt that you could evangelize anybody who would become subject to the death penalty if they should return to an Islamic country.

[quote=twf]Does anyone know any good apologetics, preferably online, aimed at Muslims? Perhaps something that answers the absurd claims of such sites as answering-christianity.com/ac.htm. (A lot of the junk on that site I could answer myself, but I can’t go through the entire site point by point, and neither do I have all the answers!)

Thanks.
[/quote]

Wish I knew! We’ve been trying to convert these people for centuries with little success. They’re fanatical in their outlook and can’t see anything else but Islam! They think they’re right and everybody else is wrong.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here since I haven’t had the time lately, so it’s good to be back. This thread caught my attention immediatly. I have seen many threads and a wealth of information corncerning answering protestant objections, but I think we need more of these. I would love to see some good apologetic resources aimed at answering muslims. Or even buddists, hindus, new age, and any other non-Christian religion.

Bye for now:)

Ray Marshall and Others:
Thanks for your replies…but we must remember that there is ALWAYS hope. The Spirit of God can convert the most hardened sinner…including Muslims! I know the numbers aren’t high, but there are indeed Muslim converts out there. So let’s always hope and pray.

[quote=twf]Ray Marshall and Others:
Thanks for your replies…but we must remember that there is ALWAYS hope. The Spirit of God can convert the most hardened sinner…including Muslims! I know the numbers aren’t high, but there are indeed Muslim converts out there. So let’s always hope and pray.
[/quote]

I’m one of the hardened sinners (still a sinner, though), a former Muslim. I was baptised Lutheran as a baby and converted to Islam as a teen. Sunday Nov. 28. I will be received into the One and Holy Church.

In Norway and all over the world there are former Muslims who now are Christians who do a lot of evangelisation. The also work to provide protection to Muslims who convert to Christianity. Here’s one of their sites: kaba.as/index.asp?navn=

They need a lot of prayers.

[quote=Booklover]Wish I knew! We’ve been trying to convert these people for centuries with little success. They’re fanatical in their outlook and can’t see anything else but Islam! They think they’re right and everybody else is wrong.
[/quote]

Booklover.

Who’s the fanatical person here now. And who’s thinking they are right, but everybody else is wrong. In this case you are wrong, very wrong.

But we must be willing to open our hearts and home to former Muslims who convert to Christianity. They do indeed risk death for becoming Christians. That’s why so few openly convert, but there are many who practise their Christian faith secretly. They are in many ways in the same situation as the early Christians in Rome when Nero was Emperor of Rome.

Unfortunately inquiring Muslims are met with hatred and distain from many “Christians”.

Sunniva: That’s wonderful! Ignore the comments earlier in this thread.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you. And may the Holy Mother of God pray for you, and St. Joseph her husband, and all the angels and saints.

Do you have any resources that are specifically Catholic? I just glanced at this site so far, but I couldn’t tell for sure if it is or not.

In Christ through Mary,
Tyler

Peace be with you!

The best Christian site on the web, that answers Islam, is:

www.answering-islam.org

Visit it, and see yourself…

The Lord bless them.

In Love,
Yaqubos†

[quote=twf]Sunniva: That’s wonderful! Ignore the comments earlier in this thread.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you. And may the Holy Mother of God pray for you, and St. Joseph her husband, and all the angels and saints.

Do you have any resources that are specifically Catholic? I just glanced at this site so far, but I couldn’t tell for sure if it is or not.

In Christ through Mary,
Tyler
[/quote]

This site is more Pentecostal I think. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find any Catholic sites for Muslims who convert to Christianity. Former Muslims who convert to Christianity really need protection. But I don’t think that governments in Europe and North-America is willing to accept conversion to Christianity as a valid reason for getting refugee status.

Well, we have first to have a specifical page like answering-islam that is protestant to convert muslims to catholicism, I have found articles in Italy about many former muslims and now catholics, but they´re hidden and with problems, and the Catholic Chuch isn´t very strong in his defense.
In Africa the former muslims converting to catholicism is very important, in Nigeria many of them and too in Uganda.
We have a lot of work, but it´s very needed, greetings

Hi Everyone,
For a Catholic ministry to Muslims, see the series from Father Mitch Pacwa (yes the one from EWTN) at: crossroadsinitiative.com/resource_info/56.html

I spent some time with Father Mitch at EWTN when he was just starting this project. He has a great love for the Muslims. He is fluent in Arabic and is a real expert on Islam and the best methods to evangelize Muslims.

Hope this helps,
Paul

[quote=Sunniva]Booklover.

Who’s the fanatical person here now. And who’s thinking they are right, but everybody else is wrong. In this case you are wrong, very wrong.

But we must be willing to open our hearts and home to former Muslims who convert to Christianity. They do indeed risk death for becoming Christians. That’s why so few openly convert, but there are many who practise their Christian faith secretly. They are in many ways in the same situation as the early Christians in Rome when Nero was Emperor of Rome.

Unfortunately inquiring Muslims are met with hatred and distain from many “Christians”.
[/quote]

Hi Sunniva! I apologize! You’re right. We had a former Catholic who became a Muslim on one of these threads and all she did was criticize the Church.

It is true that they do indeed risk death for leaving Islam. We had a Muslim from Iran who converted to Catholicism and his real name could not be published for fear of reprisals!

Booklover.

I noticed that person’s posts. :banghead: She didn’t have much good to say about the Church, but that is her opinion and doesn’t necessarily reflect how all Muslims see the Church.

Thanks for the link Paul.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.