'Anthony: God's Warrior' movie

Has anyone watched this movie on St. Anthony of Padua?

I watched it a while back and I still keep thinking of his speech when the Dominicans visited the Franciscans.
The way he spoke of his faith was so beautiful!

Just wondering if anyone else has watched it and what do you think of it.

God Bless!

I was pleasantly surprised. Too often it seems as if religious-themed movie are just plain horrible (e.g., Therese). It was nice to see an exception.

– Mark L. Chance.

Have you seen The Good Pope?..pretty good as well.

No, I have not. I’ll have to check that one out. :slight_smile:

– Mark L. Chance.

I think you might like it. It’s about Pope John XXIII, whom younger audiences don’t remember. I don’t. However, now after the movie, I added him to my list of beloved Popes…:slight_smile:

I searched Blockbuster Online, but they didn’t have it. Bummer. I’ll get my wife to contact our public library. What’s the point of living in one of the largest cities in the U.S. if we can’t have good libraries?

:slight_smile:

John XXIII was truly a remarkable man. I read a biography of him not too long ago. He seemed decidedly un-pope-like in many ways. Very much a man with the common touch. He’d probably have been great company to split a bottle of wine with.

– Mark L. Chance.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.