Anti-catholic propaganda

Hello all,

this is probably old hat to a lot of you, but I’ve been searching the net
for some information on the anth-christ etc and came across a heap
of material (from protestant sources) claiming that the Pope is the antichrist and the Church is the whore of babylon. I’m shocked!

Satan is truly the father old all lies!

Try searching Google for such terms as ‘1260 666 beast pope antichrist’ and you’ll be amazed what you might find.

God bless.
Noel.

FOr the sake of my own temper, I try and stay away from these sites.

I wrote a rebuttal of this claim - in particular the claim by the Presbyterian Church - here. I hope you find my argument to be using Scripture to be rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness :stuck_out_tongue:

When I was young, a long, long time ago, certain people said that the trademark for a certain corporation - I won’t say which - had satanic symbols on it.

It was repeatedly shown that the symbols were not satanic, but that didn’t matter.

There was also a rumor that the Mickey Mouse figure from Fantasia was demonic symbol.

Why, a few days ago a Catholic fellow made a big fuss claiming that Harry Potter was satanic.

There are moonbats in all walks of life.

It’s YOUR job to be very skeptical when you hear dirt about the Church. You know why? Because the Catholic Church has outlived every empire in history. She is that grand. The rest are understandably envious.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Atreyu, you were certainly fighting an uphill battle with revrobor and gbee. The way I look at it, if you live soley according to scripture, you end up interpreting moral conduct according to you own selfish wants
and not according to the will of God. So we do need to Church to teach us how to live according to Christ’s teachings.

I think that without the guidance of the church you end up with
permissiveness/liberalism (contraception, gay clergy, clerical marriage etc).

All the best,
Noel.

Indeed… It is almost impossible to eliminate bias from our mindsets.

Hi! There is so much of it out there isn’t there? And good, honest God-fearing Christians are being shown this? It’s disgusting. Well folks, don’t we all see a need here to do some more evangelizing?

We need to counter it, I believe by good, solid Truth brochures and phamplets such as the marvelous brochure “Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth”.

God Bless~~

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.