Anti-Catholic Website

A post on another thread quoted from a website called reformation.org.
I visited this website and found the most hateful, anti-Catholic articles I have ever seen. It makes Jack Chick look almost mild.
I suggest others have a look to find out just what some people are saying about our Church.
It is so hateful and its claims are so extraordinary that I wonder if we need to post replies to the claims made or simply ignore them.

Theres’ loads of those site on the web, possibly 1000’s, tell them to put their money where their mouth is and get on here.

If they refuse, well probably better to shake the dust from your sandals.

I used to fequent a few, but alas ! I just get myself banned, so now don’t bother.

My only post on those would be, get on here.

Don’t worry Stiofan, the nurse is calling soon with the medication for this poor stricken man. Give some money to a mental health charity of your choice.

And don’t you find it interesting that the site gives Martin Luther the title of SAINT ! And you thought the Protestants didn’t believe in saints.

This site is hilarious. The conspiracy theories regarding nuclear weapons in WWII are fantastic, great laugh.

Must be a joke.

I don’t understand why some Protestants hold up their beliefs and doctrines by mocking and slandering the Catholic Church. They use the Church as a crutch to push their man-made doctrines. I don’t get it. It’s not like we use Judaism to prove that we’re right. The articles on that site were mostly how we’re “wrong” about everything, but very little about how they’re right.

Look at this. It’s amazing how Luther discovered the bible.

Luther had a near miss with lightening and almost got killed. That is why he decided to become a monk. By forsaking the world and hiding himself in a monastery the monk believed that he was serving God. He soon learned that the thick walls do not keep out the lusts which burn within.

He was deeply troubled that all his fasts, whippings, vigils, penances etc., etc. were unavailing in giving him peace within.

One day he accidentally discovered the Bible in an old dusty attic in the monastery.

The corrupt Jerome version of the Bible was locked up in the Latin tongue which only scholars could understand. Fortunately, Martin excelled in the study of Latin . . . and Greek.

[quote=jimmy]Look at this. It’s amazing how Luther discovered the bible.
[/quote]

:rotfl:

[quote=Cockney Clive]Don’t worry Stiofan, the nurse is calling soon with the medication for this poor stricken man. Give some money to a mental health charity of your choice.

And don’t you find it interesting that the site gives Martin Luther the title of SAINT ! And you thought the Protestants didn’t believe in saints.
[/quote]

Ok the cheque is on it’s way,:nope: and I just realised how to spell frequent without an “r” :o – who would have thought I was top of the class at English.:cool:

Anyway leaving out the odd letter sure saves on ink. :wink:

[quote=jimmy]Look at this. It’s amazing how Luther discovered the bible.
[/quote]

One day he accidentally discovered the Bible in an old dusty attic in the monastery.

Oh right he was looking for his sandals under the bed, and low and behold, there it was the Bible. :rolleyes:

Just like when I used to quiz my mum as to how I got here, she said " I found you under a cabbage leaf " :frowning:

Cabbage Leaf? You too? :smiley:

I am doing a ‘round table’ forum at our local ‘Churches Together’ AGM. Our Churches and the Bible. I hope I don’t get any of that - “you Catholics are forbidden from reading the Bible” stuff. I am not a vey tolerant Catholic where people slagging our faith off is concerned!

Supposed to be finishing my talk and not lurking around this forum site. So I had better get back to it I suppose.

Martin Luther was a teacher of Latin Grammar by the way. He was certainly no theological heavyweight. Did you know that? :rolleyes:

:dancing: That site makes me so happy to be Catholic. I wouldn’t bother replying to them…

[quote=rjs1]A post on another thread quoted from a website called reformation.org.
I visited this website and found the most hateful, anti-Catholic articles I have ever seen. It makes Jack Chick look almost mild.
I suggest others have a look to find out just what some people are saying about our Church.
It is so hateful and its claims are so extraordinary that I wonder if we need to post replies to the claims made or simply ignore them.
[/quote]

For heaven’s sake- ignore them. If you look closer, you might see that it is rather a very anti american website as well.

Peace be with you!

Oh my oh my. I’m reading the section entitled “The ‘Church’ of Rome Unmasked at Last!” I am honestly at a loss for words…I’m still trying to comprehend where they came up with this stuff. They say that “church” comes from Circe, the witch in Homer’s Odyssey. I…wha…huh??? They quote a whole bunch of text from the Odyssey and highlight sections in red, but fail to make any attempt at a connection between it and the Church. They try to say that nazis were present in the ancient world when anyone who has the slightest grasp of history knows that that’s where the nazis got their symbol from. Pages of info on old mythological figures (much of it inaccurate as well) and again, no attempt at a connection.
“Pope Constantine”…hahaha!!! Gotta love self-imposed ignorance of history!

In Christ,
Rand

That web site gives asininity a bad name …

Why does everyone pick on the Jesuits?

Nearly every single one of those websites has some beef with the Jesuits.

The reformation site asked for commments or questions about the site. Believe me, I e-mailed comments alright! :mad:

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]Peace be with you!

Oh my oh my. I’m reading the section entitled “The ‘Church’ of Rome Unmasked at Last!”
[/quote]

I love it when fans of Jack Chick eat up his drivel. That man must be laughing at how many people can be so gullible and believe all the stuff he writes. I would bet Chick himself doesn’t believe half of what he writes. And then we see sites like this that makes such declarations. Really–so unoriginal of them.

Hmm… according to this website I’ve been singing Neil Diamonds patrotic song all wrong.

So now it’s “Proud to be a Cabotian”? :rotfl:

These people are not only anti-Catholic, they seem to be Anti-EVERYTHING!

You couldn’t amass a larger collection of BS if you OD’d a heard of cows on laxitives!!

Haha… agreed. I can’t believe there is such a site oh wait… yes, yes I can. I can feel the senselessness…

Don’t forget these anti-Catholic sites too:

bible.ca/catholic.htm
jesus-is-lord.com/
jcsm.org/
chick.com/default.asp
mtc.org/

etc…

:whacky: Some people actually think that stuff is true! It works on so many Catholics who don’t know the truth about thier own religion.:frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.