Anti-Christ

Could the teachings of Sola Scriptura, which rest entirely on the personal interpretation of the reader, lead millions to believe that the anti-christ is really the Son of God? Just a thought when contemplating the shifting interpretations of the Protestant Churches throughout the centuries.

I certainly hope not. I have known some very good people that were Protestant and although I disagree completly with Sola Scriptura, I can’t imagine how it could be used to convince someone that the anti christ was the son of God.

I don’t think anyone will even go that far in trying to twist Scripture to make it say what they want it to say. I do know that someone can claim to be the Son of God by basing it entirely on Scripture, but not something like you describe.

[quote=JackmanUSC]Could the teachings of Sola Scriptura, which rest entirely on the personal interpretation of the reader, lead millions to believe that the anti-christ is really the Son of God? Just a thought when contemplating the shifting interpretations of the Protestant Churches throughout the centuries.
[/quote]

I’m not see why not, actually. The evil one loves to pervert what is holy, and sola scriptura has been used to justify all sorts of things that aren’t doctrinally true. It’s scripture and tradition (teaching magisterium) that will keep us on the right path!! :amen:
:twocents:

I think they would have a tough time getting around Matthew 12:22-37.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.