Anxiety and Nervous Breakdown - Prayer Request

Hi everyone - I am so thankful for your prayers. Please keep them coming. I was getting better for awhile but the anxiety and fears are coming back in a big way. I have not been able to get any real help, due mostly to my location (no Catholic counselors around) and also finances. (I have no private insurance as it is very unusual in my country, so I have to find someone with low fees.) I have also been unable to access the sacraments for months now…Mass, the Eucharist, Confession, and just being able to talk to a priest have always gone a long way towards helping me deal with things. Now that is all gone, and I am not sure who things will be once the churches re-open.

1 Like

I feel like I have to deal with this all on my own, and it is just too much.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments, we might not despair nor become despondent,
but with great confidence, submit ourselves to your holy will,
which is love and Mercy itself.
Amen…

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Praying ~

Dear Lord,

I need you now because I am full of stress and anxiety. Reading your Word brings comfort, as I ask you to come and take my heavy burdens.

I take each burden, one by one, and lay them at your feet. Please carry them for me so that I don’t have to. Replace them with your humble and gentle yoke so that I will find rest for my soul today.

I receive your gift of peace of mind and heart. Thank you that I can lie down tonight in peace and sleep. I know that you, Lord, will keep me safe. I am not afraid because you are always with me.

Please keep me daily, Lord, in your perfect peace.

Amen.:heavy_plus_sign:

I’m so sorry for your suffering. My daughter is going theough the same and I know “help” is very hard to find . God bless you for reaching out. I have found that saying Mary’s name out loud really helps. Like a quick prayer of “Mary and Jesus I love you please help me”. And Hail Marys. It is written that “…her holy name is so powerful that at the mere intimation of it they (Satan and his demons) are overcome.” And also that “the Almighty endowed her with the power of communication of tranquility and peace of spirit to those who will ask her for her intercession”. We have faced the same problems as you of not being able to get help because of isolation but these prayers are truly healing my daughter. I will pray for you and for our Blessed Mother to help you. You will feel better again. I’m sorry it is so hard now. It’s real and it’s not your fault. God bless you.

1 Like

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
Amen…

1 Like

1 Like

Amen…

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Millions people have suffered anxiety during the pandemic.
Consult w doctor a must in worse conditions.

Positive attitude:
Stop reading, watching news. Forget about virus!
Balancing serotonin in brain with Cocoa drink, egg, fish oil, meat…

Talk with friends, not discuss on virus issues.
Read good jokes and share with friends to laugh unbearable .
Listen Christian and clean music you love
Do indoor hobbies, grow micro vegetable garden.
Home exercise.
Attend daily mass live streams.
Read bible, watch life of saints on Netflix,
Follow Pope Francis on Twitter
Drive around 5-10 minutes a day and stay inside the car.
etc.

Pray a Hail Mary and Cast anxiety to Holy Queen of Legend of Angels to take care while washing hands daily.

@DoreenVirtue

Prayers sent. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Amen…

Amen…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.