Anxiety has gotten worse. I can not post prayer intentions any more

Dear CAF brothers and sisters of mine… I am writing this with sadness as I cannot post any more on here for a while… My anxiety has gotten me so bad off that all I can do is stay on the couch and keep it at bay. I still pray for yall outside of here but I cannot post. My therapist told me not to do anything that will cause further anxiety and I feel like trying to keep the St. Dymphna and the Saint Peregrine novenas going is causing some of it because I get too anxious when I do post. Please if someone can keep these going for me I would deeply appreciate it. So I will be checking in every now and then to see if anyone cared enough to read this. What set me off the worse is that I read Rick Warrens book called The Purpose Driven Life and it has me so scared that I am damned for hell especially chapters 36 and 37. So I am writing to you all to let you know that I cannot even pick up a book and read it no matter if it is a non religious self help book, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, or the Diary of Sister Faustina. My therapist feels like this is in my best interest for now. Maybe later down the road I can go and read these books but for right now I need to concentrate on getting myself well. I am praying in my Pieta Book as well as my novena book to St. Dymphna. I was wearing a Rosary around my neck but the Crucifix fell off of it. Now I wear a ring Rosary on my left hand since they say that is the closest to your heart. I am also going to start learning the August Queen Prayer. I wont forget you… Please remember me in your prayers. God Bless you all and Mary Keep you. Love each one of you. Georgia or notsoGigglin. :bighanky::sad_bye::blessyou::grouphug:

For any of you who want to learn the August Queen Prayer here is the link.

michaeljournal.org/augustqueen.htm

before I read more of your post than the first two sentences
:console:

love, Trishie

I will keep you in my prayers, as I do for all of the CAF members, and their families and their intensions, among many others.

Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, Blessed art Thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

May the good Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and until we meet again may He hold you in the palm of His hand.:amen::blessyou:

Georgia we care
And you are a generous person whatever you feel like.
You are loved

Georgia, will keep you in my prayers.
As Trishie said, we care about you, and love you. :slight_smile:
God loves you more than you can imagine.

Please know that you will be in my daily prayers. God Bless and take good care of yourself…

I am praying for you Georgia.
The Rosary is a great comfort to me always but especially
when I’m battling mental/emotional problems.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

So sorry you are having these troubles.
Thought I would share that once when I was having depression a Pastor (Lutheran) suggested that I read the Psalms. It was helpful.
You will be in my prayers for the Lord’s Peace to be in your heart.
Love in Christ Jesus,
Agatina

Praying for you. Personally I find anxiety worse than any other emotional state. I feel for you, believe me.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 30 (31)
Trustful prayer in time of adversity

Alleluia. Alleluia. Alleluia.

In you, Lord, I put my trust: may I never be put to shame.
In your justice, set me free,
Turn your ear to me,
make haste to rescue me.
Be my rampart, my fortification;
keep me safe.

For you are my strength and my refuge:
you will lead me out to the pastures,
for your own name’s sake.
You will lead me out of the trap that they laid for me –
for you are my strength.

Into your hands I commend my spirit:
you have redeemed me, Lord God of truth.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Alleluia. Alleluia. Alleluia.

You are not alone in this battle, HE is with you! Is your therapist a Christian? Certainly you can read scripture? One suggestion…look up the very positive words such as HOPE in the concordance of your bible and write these strong and helpful verses you find on index cards and post them around your house. (ex. on a mirror, by your coffee pot, by your bed etc.) I did this once when I was struggling and it LIFTED me up out of my pit!!
Blessings to you,
mlz

Yes my councellor is a Christian.

Holding you in my prayers. Please take care of yourself :hug3:

I am so sorry you are going through all this. I too have anxiety problems but not as severe as yours. I will be praying very hard for you that you can find some joy and peace. God Bless

I struggle with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or OCD, and I feel compassion for your suffering. Don’t worry about being unable to post prayer intentions; I trust Our Lord knows what those intentions are. He went through the Garden of Gethesemene and His bloody sweat, so He was anxious too.

Here is a prayer that a wonderful priest taught to me during a time I was in the confessional. I hope it will comfort you.

Jesus, live in my heart. I want You to live in my heart. Please live in my heart. Jesus, let me live in Your Heart. I want to live in Your Heart. Please let me live in Your Heart.

I love you. Our Lord loves you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

:console::byzsoc::byzsoc::byzsoc:

Dear Georgia,

We have missed you. I am sorry for your continued struggle and will continue to pray for you every day in the hopes persistent prayer will lift up your intentions to our Lord. I have restarted the Novenas and will keep them going, along with your other friends in Christ here on CAF. Praying for you Georgia. You take care of yourself and focus on getting as well as you are able.

Amen.

Keeping you in prayer, sweetie.

Dear Georgia,

Don’t give up on prayer. If you can manage, say at least this little prayer, “Jesus, I trust in You.” and maybe an Our Father. I know that you have been through a lot and much of the anxiety is because of grief and sorrow.

I will pray my rosary for your intentions tonight. May Jesus comfort you and send you his peace.

God bless you and take care
St Gabriel

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.