anxiety

tomorrow is my hernia surgery. I keep getting these thoughts of something going wrong. The devil has my anxiety at a ten. Please pray

Praying for you....

It's perfectly normal to be anxious when we have to give up control. God takes care of his own and this is no exception. Give your fears to Him and take comfort in the knowledge that He is with you.

[quote="JillianRose, post:1, topic:310049"]
tomorrow is my hernia surgery. I keep getting these thoughts of something going wrong. The devil has my anxiety at a ten. Please pray

[/quote]

I hope to give you some confidence but I did have a hernia repair many years ago and never regreted it. You will be fine. it is a quick repair and you will be back on your feet in no time flat. Focus that God will be with you, that you need to do this because a hernia is not something to let go. Have you had any surgery before or been under anesthisia?
sometimes that can add fear. You will be in my prayers too!

May the surgery go well and you heal fast

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen

I am truly sorry for both your anxiety and your surgery. I hope and pray that your anxiety can be relieved by the peace that is given to us by God's sovereign love and power, that your surgery will be successful without complication, and that you may recover quickly, be protected from all sin, all evils and all other problems, and be forgiven of all your sins. I ask for the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God; your guardian angel; and St. Cosmas, patron saint against hernias. God bless. :)

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
The Lord is With Thee,
Blessed Art Thou Among Women
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for Us Sinners
Now, and at the Hour of Our Death.
Amen.

I am praying for you.

Praying for you …

Praying that your surgery goes exactly as God has planned for you.

Hail Mary…

Amen.

Placing you in the enclosed garden of the most Sacred Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.