Any Anglicans here?

@GKMotley has forgotten more about Anglicanism than virtually anyone here will ever know after years of deliberate study.

These forums are genuinely blessed to have him.

Were you raised in the TEC?

Aw shucks.

Thank you.

Yes. Born, baptized at 3 months, confirmed at 12, and have stayed very active my whole life.

Wow, for some reason I thought you were born Catholic and converted to the TEC.

I have to confess, I’ve always read your posts with a little bit of frustration because I thought you were an ex-Catholic (ex-Catholics sometimes drive me crazy). :zipper_mouth_face:

God Bless

Yes? Was it something I wrote that gave you that impression? I’m sorry if I was mis-leading.

If it makes you feel any better, CSF, your posts never seemed very Catholic to me :slight_smile:

Eh. Most high-church, old-order Protestants (CoE, Lutherans, Calvinists) start to sound like Catholics when you compare them to Evangelicals and atheists.

It’s not a bad thing- the history and complex theology start to show through is all.

the one anglican service i attended; and this is STRICTLY anecdotal

i had a brief discussion with the celebrant afterwards; he said to me: “we are Catholic”

One hears that a lot from Anglicans. We aren’t Roman, but we are Catholic.

They view themself as a 3rd lung, along with the Romans and Orthodox

I am anglican (ACNA).

yes lots of discord right now over women´s ordination within ACNA
(at least in my area)

In TEC and from what I hear, in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc, the work being done and the discussions being had, are around developing liturgies for same gender weddings. Updating the BCP is the umbrella, of course.

Women in TEC are part of the fabric of who we are. A goodly percentage of our priests and deacons are women. Not so much Bishops tho.

Yes. One does.

I was baptized at 2 and confirmed as a teenager in the Episcopal church.
I was nonpracticing for.many years, then returned in my 40’s and noticed things had changed from 1970. I didn’t care for the
changes, and I always felt uncomfortable with the Episcopal church, sensing I really wanted to explore Catholicism, which
I did. I also explored Judaism. Later I joined an Anglican church for 6 months, but still felt the need for authority and unification. Finally decided it was time to be Catholic.

Are you more of an Anglo-Catholic or a charismatic Anglican? The people I know were of the charismatic variety… I think they liked the “smells and bells” but they were pretty protestant at heart (the exception was I think the Eucharist which AFAIK they viewed as the body and blood of Christ). They didn’t seem to mind the whole women’s ordination thing though.

I and my church are very high church Anglo-Catholic. And very catholic in theology (versus the more low-church evangelical ACNA churches).

A particularly lively intra-Anglican quarrel broke out earlier today when Archbishop Welby was caught talking the Labour Party talk without walking the walk …

In the words of one commenter on the Archbishop Cranmer blog, “Let not thy speechwriter know what thy fund manager doeth.”

:thinking: I think you posted in a thread once a few years back that was focused on growing up Catholic (or something like that). From that point on, I always thought you were a cradle Catholic who left for the TEC.

God bless

Proposal from the Antipodes (Sydney is low and evangelical and conservative) that the rule about only one Anglican Communion Church per Anglican province should be scrapped to enable differing churches to coexist within the Communion (thus legitimising ACNA and making it no longer necessary for conservative African churches to annoy liberal churches with somewhat illicit church plants, I suppose).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.