Any Benedictine Ravens on here?

Hello! I am a senior in higschool. I desperatly want to go to Bendectine Catholic College in Kansas - but the cost of schooling/housing/meals there is holding me back.

Is there any current Bendectine students on here who can give me insight into campus life/ schooling / coping with costs?

Thanks so much and God Bless you all!:)

Don't be turned off by the sticker price. I had several good friends go there and they got excellent financial aid, scholarships and grants from the school. And none of them were excellent students.

Is enlistment an option?

No - enlistment isn’t an option.

I do think I will give it a go - I’m going up there in Jan. to talk to finance, audition for music scholarships, etc.

I know that they look at a well-rounded student, and I do volunteer work, play music for Church, youth group, etc. I also have a good GPA, and tranfer hours from my community college.

It just might be that I go to a community college for freshman and sophmore year of college, and then junior and senior at Benedectine.

I'm applying to take classes there after graduation.

Animals are not allowed to become members of a religious Order.

[quote="LoyalViews, post:6, topic:293546"]

[/quote]

Benedictine ravens is the sports team :P

[quote="LoyalViews, post:6, topic:293546"]

[/quote]

Even black dogs?

[quote="LaMusicaSenior, post:4, topic:293546"]
No - enlistment isn't an option.

It just might be that I go to a community college for freshman and sophmore year of college, and then junior and senior at Benedectine.

[/quote]

There is certainly nothing wrong with that if the finances dont work out. a friend of mine's son is going that route and he is going to a state university. Student debt is atrocious so try to avoid it as much as possible. But definitely look into scholarships and grants. I wish you well

If you do this then please, please, make sure your credits transfer. Do not trust the person in charge when he/she says they do. Call the college and make sure. I had several friends do the same exact thing you plan to do and after being assured their credits would transfer they were shocked to learn that they did not. Benedictine is a very academically challenging school and it holds academic quality in a very high degree. Just make sure they transfer and you will be fine with this idea. My sister went to Benedictine and she had a great time. She made great life long friends and she learned so much theology and philosophy. You really can’t compete with the professors unless you go to a place like Franciscan University.

Don't ever give up. My prayers, and those of many others are with you. Believe it or not, your recognizing the value of the education that you are seeking will go a long way in finding the right path. So many young people these days don't have the first clue, or have enough sense to look ahead. Seek and you shall find.

Thank you to all SO much for all the advice and prayers. I am wanting to do what God wills in my life, and so I’m praying (a LOT! :D) about His will. “God, what are you trying to tell me today? About my future?” So I cannot thank you enough for your prayers.

God Bless all of you!
Chloe M.
www.timeonthemountaintop.blogspot.com

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.