Any bronies (meaning MLP fans who are male)?

OK, I’ve done it. I’ve given into the propaganda and watched some My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I couldn’t believe this show is so popular with the male demographic. But now I see why. So, are there any bronies in the audience?

:eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(Darn it! Where’s a Darth Vader pic when I need one!?)

:p;)

Female brony here! I know, I know, it doesn’t count because I’m a girl. But the only reason I even watched the show to start with was because all of my male late-20’s friends made me!

Here ya go Lost Wanderer…

My Little Vader Pony!

Hoof bump!

Its not quite* My Little Pony*, but…

Hey, it teaches love and tolerance. Aren’t those Christian values?

During the news coverage of Andy Griffith’s death (RIP), some outlets included a portion of a interview where he talked about the iconic status of The Andy Griffith Show. In the show he was the sheriff of a small rural town (Mayberry, NC) , and a single father to a young boy.

Griffith said the secret to his show is that all of the characters loved one another, despite occasional eccentricities and misadventures. This is what made it so popular and why it is still so appealing.

My first reaction upon seeing this thread was to cheer like Fluttershy. Yay.

I walked into a Wawa a few days ago and saw a man with a Rainbow Dash T-shits. Needless to say, I was excited. I sat there for a good ten minutes trying to think of something clever to say. By the time I decided to ask him if Rarity has designed his shirt, he had already left. Anybody know what lesson I learned about friendship from that so I can write a letter to the princess?

Coincidentally, this is what I’m wearing right now: cafepress.com/mf/58434073/elements-of-harmony_tshirt#sizechart

:stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been a female MLP fan (and massive collector) for over 15 years. (Check youtube for “TraderTif” and see my collection at its peak, several years ago.)

I’m pleasantly surprised by the latest cartoon incarnation, and the developing male fan base.

(I always thought that the older cartoon incarnations needed to be at LEAST 20% cooler!!) :smiley:

Yeah but to think MLP influence would reach all the way here. I’m just honestly perplexed cuz I’m immune to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

My teenaged son is huge, huge brony and has indoctrinated his younger stepbrother and his little sister.

I thought it was nuts but the show made a Big Lebowski reference my son showed me. :wink:

I’m lost. Someone please fill me in on why guys are watching my little pony…:confused::confused::confused:

Now I’ll have to watch this to see what all the fuss is about. If it’s on a channel I get. :wink:

By the way, years ago, I donated all my My Little Ponies to a charity yard sale (I lived in a much smaller place then, and just didn’t have room for them). I kind of wish I had saved at least one. The only one I have left is the pink stuffed one, with the rainbow color hair.

Go to YouTube and type in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Watch any one of the 50 or so episodes that come up and then you’ll have your answer. (Though for your first episode I would recommend staying away from the ‘Cutie Mark Crusaders’ episodes. There are only a few of them.)

‘Brony’ is actually a unisex term (it comes from /b on 4chan, not “bro”), that said, I’m female, 26, and I love MLP:FIM! My favourite characters are Twilight Sparkle and Rarity.

True. But 4chan did later rename us “pegusisters”. I hate that term.

I love Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy the best.

My DH and I love watching MLP together! We are both Fluttershy fans. :smiley: Although I’m pretty fond of Pinkie Pie too and will randomly start singing her “Smile” song :stuck_out_tongue:

:confused:

I don’t get it, but my 6YO boy like MLP more than my girls do.

And yet female fans are called “pegasisters”. In reality however, the term “brony” had reclaimed its unisex meaning.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.