Any Catholic artwork you like?

St. Francis Restores the Neglected Church VIII, Up in the Belfry, Coloured Etching 16"x18"

St. Francis Restores the Neglected Church IX, Pipe and Bellows Work, Etching 16"x18"

St. Francis Restores the Neglected Church X, Scrubbing Floors (Homage to Stanley Spencer) Coloured Etching 16"x18"

St. Francis Restores the Neglected Church XI, Preparing the Altar; Etching 16"x18"

St. Francis Restores the Neglected Church XII, Hanging the Doors, Coloured Etching 16"x18"

Painting of the Holy Shroud Of Turin, the Face Of Christ. Based upon a photograph of the Holy Shroud of Turin. Painted in 1905 by Sister Geneviève of the Holy Face (Celine Martin, the sister of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux) It was indeed a masterpiece, which in March 1909, won the Grand Prix of the International Exposition of Religious Art of Bois-le-Duc, in Holland.

This is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I tried to find if it was copyrighted but I can’t find any info. I’d want to copy it in a large format and frame it for our Priest. I just think that picture says everything that being a Catholic means to me.

Mosaic of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Sacré-Cœur , Paris .

A mosaic of St David , patron of Wales , in Westminster Cathedral .

Statue of Oscar Romero above the entrance to Westminster Abbey .

Even the Anglicans can recognize beauty when they see it.

The Return of the Prodigal Son is an oil painting by Rembrandt. It is among the Dutch master’s final works, likely completed within two years of his death in 1669 .

Rogier van der Weyden, The Descent from the Cross in the Prado, Madrid.

rossum

I think Rembrandt was a Protestant, no?

I’ve no idea .

The Great Rood ( front and back ) in Westminster Cathedral .

A mosaic of St Thomas More in the Jesuit Church of the Holy Name in Manchester .

After my aunt died in 1971, I inherited her 1954 edition of My Imitation of Christ published by the Confraternity of the Precious Blood. Each chapter has an illustration by the Armenian artist, Ariel Agemian, who has a fascinating history. I found a video of these illustrations here. They are simple black-and-white drawings, but they are deeply moving. It is interesting to note how the fears of the cold war were expressed in the one around 1:26 into the video, which is the illustration that goes with Chapter 12 - The Utility of Adversity. I like how Agemian mixed images of the ancient with images of the then-modern world, for example showing men in modern suits and ties. Each illustration does a great job at capturing the mood of the chapter in the Imitation.

The statue of Our Lady of Walsingham in the Slipper Chapel , Walsingham .and on the altar when Pope John Paul II presided at the Eucharist in Wembley Stadium , London .

Statue of Abraham at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King in Liverpool .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.