Any Catholic Debt Relief services available?

I have an employee who is deeply in debt. She came to me for some help in choosing a debt relief service. I know that many of the services are scams, many are run by for-profit companies and may not have her best interests at heart, and that got me to wonder if there are any CATHOLIC SERVICES that advise people on personal finances and particularly help with debt consolidation?

Veritas is Catholic:

veritasfinancialministries.com/

Yes, but they don’t do debt relief.

My employee needs someone to help her through the debt relief/consolidation process. Veritas is for people who are not yet in the situation she is in.

Any credit counseling agency (I presume that is what you mean by “debt relief company”) affiliated with the NFCC and/or accredited by COA is reputable. To provide bankruptcy counseling and/or education an agency must be approved by the EOUST. To provide housing counseling the agency must be approved by HUD.

Reputable agencies will meet these requirements and will be licensed in your state.

As for Catholic services of this nature, that will depend on the diocese.

For example, in my diocese Catholic Charities does credit counseling and debt management plans (and they are accredited by COA, approved by EOUST and approved by HUD to do these services). In other dioceses they do not. It depends upon what Catholic Charities in your diocese provides.

Hi.. I know that many of the services are scams, many are run by for-profit companies and may not have her best interests at heart, and that got me to wonder if there are any CATHOLIC SERVICES that advise people on personal finances and particularly help with debt consolidation? This Forum website is interesting Thanks..:):)

Debt Help

May I ask you a few questions?

1. If the hebrew names Yahweh, Elohim, and Yahshua the Messiah are correct and has the same meaning as Jesus Christ, Lord, God, and Jehovah, then why set out to convert people to christianity if salvation comes by all names?

2 .If the God of the hebrews was the ONLY GOD in the bible that performed the miracles, why would anyone believe in another? Ex.15th; I kings 18th chpt.; Matt.10th chpt.

1. In Matt.28:19-20 when Yahshua was talking to his disciples after his resurrection, what name was he refering to for them to teach in, his other name Jesus the Lord, or Yahweh, Elohim, and Yahshua the Messiah? And in what name did the disciples receive the Holy Spirit in Acts 2nd chpt.?

Thank you in advance for any answers that you may give,

Sincerely,

==============
Jackson Osbourne
Debt Relief

hello! I am priya i think the National Debtline is better for any people. it is the best fasility for human. so keep national debtline.

National Debtline

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.