Any Classical Music Fans Out There?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if there were any classical music fans out there. I’m a pretty big entuastist of it myself. My favorites are Mozart, Gershwin, Tchaikovsky, Debussy, and Beethoven.

Who do/don’t you like?

-Jeanne

I’m not too much of a man, and most of my interest probably stems from Nodame Cantabile, but I would say I like Brahms, Tchaikovsky, and Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue.

Gershwin’s Rhaspody in Blue is amazing.

-Jeanne

I’m also a fan of classical music. Actually, I like all form of music. I’m a hobbyist composer. So, I like to listen and study many of classical and modern film composers for cues and composition techniques. I write mostly orchestral film score and occasionally dance music. I also arrange music for church choir.

Here are my favorite composers: Beethoven and other romantic composers, all modern Russian composers, Mahler, Rachmaninoff, etc.

Film composers: any who writes big score for big epic.

Trailer: Immediate Music and X-ray Dog

Misc: Es Posthumus

That’s cool. I’m more of a music entuastist, even though I do play a little bit.

I’m not much of a Beethoven fan. I’m starting to like him more, but I guess I’ve always been more of a Mozart person. I do love his Eroica Symphony, though. So fantastic.

-Jeanne

I like J.S. Bach, but I think his pieces have a very strong beat and are best for things like housecleaning, exercise, etc. But they’re so much fun to play on the piano!

I like Ravel (Impressionistic).

Berlioz (French Impressionistic)

Bartok and Stravinsky. (Classical 20th Century)

And Copland. Oh, I love Aaron Copland’s music! If there were an accompaniment for my life, this music would be it.

I tend to like some of the more modern “classical” composers, rather than composers like Mozart and Beethoven, although I certainly like Mozart and Beethoven. But I like the dissonance in the more modern composers’ works. It seems more reflective of 20th Century life and culture.

oooh Ravel is excellent. I love to listen to Pavane for a Dead Princess while praying the rosary. Muy bien!

-Jeanne

Free classical mp3 downloads

Free online listening

l’m getting into it slowly but surely. My current favourite is Canon in D minor by Pachelbel.

My collection of Classical and Sacred Music is getting quite large. I would say about 50% of the over 15GB on my iPod is Classical/Sacred music.

It includes:

Bach
Beethoven
Bruch
Haydn
Mozart
Rachmaninov
Tchaikovsky
Vilvaldi
Wagner

I love classical music very much. My favorite composer is Beethoven. I think that Piano Sonata No. 14 (Moonlight) is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever.

I also like Ralph Van Williams and his Five Variants of Lazarus and Dives.

Also in the more contemporary vein is Respighi’s Pines of Rome.

But mostly I prefer Beethoven and baroque music like that from Bach.

I’ll be Bach in a minuet.

If it ain’t baroque, don’t fix it.

(Old puns, but a good ones)

I love classical music, but I don’t memorize titles or composers. I have about 8 classical CDs, though. It’s the most soothing genre of music, imo.

My favorite is “Gone Chopin, Bach in a Minuet”

I’m in high school band, and we had a talent show. One of my good friends played the Moonlight Sonata and dedicated it to me. It was awesome!

-Jeanne

Yes, me. :wave:More to play on piano, than listen to though, oddly.
I love Mozart, he is fun to play…and Debussy, which really isn’t classical, but still so beautifiul to play. I especially love Bach. The Baroque period of music can be likened to dining on rich, chocolate cake or something. :o

Do you play any instruments?***

Oops, I didn’t read far enough down. You answered my question, then! :slight_smile:

I play clarinet and bass clarinet. Mostly bass clarinet. I really don’t care much for playing music. My love for music is history and appreciation.

-Jeanne

I’m one as well. I love the violin, but can listen to the piano as well. Beetoven is one of my favorite composers, but I also like Nobuo Uematsu. His pieces can be heart rendering.

This must be a very good friend. I mean, that is a very passionate piece of music… :wink:

I love the clarinet, I wish I took that up as a kid. :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.