Any comments on CNS; a new news service?

This is a first for me ... CNS ... just stumbled over it ... appropriate as subject for popular media? This not about a news story, but the CNS group itself.

Here is the home page:

cnsnews.com/home

Amazing what you can er stumble over. I stumbled over the 'laughing at liberals' ad in one corner of the title page. I was cough cough suprised.

CNSNews (not to be confused with CNS, the news service of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops) has been around since the end of the 1990s. It was one of the earliest online efforts to re-package mainstream media reports with the purpose of giving the news a spin which would appeal to American conservatives.

Its parent company is Media Research Center, the US pressure group led by Brent Bozell.

I'd never heard of Brent Bozell. Not been American that's hardly suprising. However I found he's linked to this group as well. I found their website fascinating. Especially Mariobama who plays a starring role in the little video on this page:-

foramerica.org/home/

[quote="Dale_M, post:3, topic:238235"]
CNSNews (not to be confused with CNS, the news service of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops) has been around since the end of the 1990s. It was one of the earliest online efforts to re-package mainstream media reports with the purpose of giving the news a spin which would appeal to American conservatives.

Its parent company is Media Research Center, the US pressure group led by Brent Bozell.

[/quote]

So there are two NCR's and now two CNS's? Sheesh! :p It's like they're intentionally trying to confuse us. ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.