Any devotion to Passion of Christ?

Is there anyone of us here, Non-Catholics, having some sort of devotion to Passion of Christ? How often do you think of His death in your daily prayer?

In Catholic, we have something called “the Fourteen Stations of Cross”, The 15 prayers of St. Bridget. We pray and remember His death by these prayers.

Thanks!

Sometimes I pray the rosary.:smiley: And watch the Mel Gibson movie.:eek:

When my daughter got a new home, I bought her a crucifix for it. She said her Protestant friends don’t like it because “it makes them sad”:confused:

I am deeply devoted to the Passion of Christ and remember what He did for us every day.

I guess I tend to think about the more joyful aspect of what Christ did for us. I am in awe of the whole idea.

I find it difficult to think about what Christ went through for me and you because I am not worthy and in my finite human mind it is difficult to understand AGAPE love.:o

I focus more on why He did it rather then what He went through. It is too painful for me to think about.:frowning:

I guess I tend to think about the more joyful aspect of what Christ did for us. I am in awe of the whole idea.

I find it difficult to think about what Christ went through for me and you because I am not worthy and in my finite human mind it is difficult to understand AGAPE love.:o

I focus more on why He did it rather then what He went through. It is too painful for me to think about.:frowning:

I thank Him and praise Him daily. I figure that is all I can really do to show my love and gratefullness for what He did for me.:smiley:

Third time’s a charm.

yes, we can certainly find joy even in His Passion. As I have learned, some of NonCatholics think that we hardly thought about Jesus’ Resurrection. That is very wrong. We proclaim it at every mass, our prayers, the rosary, etc …

His Resurrection us gives us great Hope of eternal life.

Of course, how could we have the full knowledge of how God loves us, but this doesn’t mean we try to avoid to remember how He loves us. What Jesus went through is exactly what Jesus Did for us.

Why Jesus had to suffer physically, besides mentally, for our sins . Sins are to ruins our souls.

As a son, I always want to remember how much my mom did for me. I want to remember how much suffering and hardship she had gone through.

As a Christian, one can always want to know, with God’s help, how much Jesus has suffered for us. The more we know, the more you want to do anything for Christ and the more you ask God to help you stay away from sins.

You are right. What He did - died like a criminal on the Cross and free us from sin - is what we are thankful for.

I was thinking about asking a friend to print out some images from the Movie and make it similar to the 15 Stations of the Cross and put in my home.

I remember I pray the Sorrowful Mysteries and watch the movie as well. It was such an awesome way to meditate on the mysteries.

:stuck_out_tongue: Her screen showed up 3 Submit Reply buttons.

LOL I hate when that happens:mad:

Don’t forget the red scapular, the Scapular of the Passion :slight_smile:

I agree with all you say:thumbsup: I can only hope my kids appreciate myself and hubby when they grow up. Noe, of course we are the meanest parents in the world:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.