Any gift ideas for teens?

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GIFT IDEAS FOR TEENS THAT DON’T COST A LOT OF MONEY? FOR SOMEONE ON A BUDGET?

Thank you!

Also: what do you fill their stockings with?

This is the first Christmas in 22 years I am alone without my adulterous husband. I am scared but not hopeless. I know God is with me.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Here's a few ideas:

Girls:
jewelry: rings, earrings, necklace, etc
scarf
yarn and knitting needles (if she knows how to knit)
i Tunes gift card
fuzzy slippers
lip gloss
bath & body lotions
book
holiday socks

Boys:
wallet
tie (my 18 yr old loved his from St. Nick!)
after shave/cologne
book
pen set
hand weights
new razor/electric razor
gloves

And you are right. God is whith you!! The best thing to put in their stocking is love, and if times are tight for you, why don't you add a letter to each child in their stocking, expressing your love and thankfulness to have them? Remember Jesus only received 3 gifts on his birth, so don't think you have to give more than that!

[quote="MomaMary8, post:2, topic:222254"]
Here's a few ideas:

Girls:
jewelry: rings, earrings, necklace, etc
scarf
yarn and knitting needles (if she knows how to knit)
i Tunes gift card
fuzzy slippers
lip gloss
bath & body lotions
book
holiday socks

Boys:
wallet
tie (my 18 yr old loved his from St. Nick!)
after shave/cologne
book
pen set
hand weights
new razor/electric razor
gloves

And you are right. God is whith you!! The best thing to put in their stocking is love, and if times are tight for you, why don't you add a letter to each child in their stocking, expressing your love and thankfulness to have them? Remember Jesus only received 3 gifts on his birth, so don't think you have to give more than that!

[/quote]

Hey thanks. The suggestion of a letter is a great one! Think I'll do that. Also the razors is a great suggestion too! Thanks so much for this! Also some pens. YES, and then some socks........

This is the first Christmas in 22 years without my adulterous husband so it will be hard, but not futile. Sad but not hopeless, because God is our Hope.

Thank you!:thumbsup:

BTW: Girls are so much easier to shop for.......:eek:

[quote="Corinne3, post:4, topic:222254"]
BTW: Girls are so much easier to shop for.......:eek:

[/quote]

lol So True! so true!

My kids always get socks in their stocking (sometimes undies too.) My mother still sends socks to us (her adult children and their spouses!)

I am mother of 2 boys and 3 grandsons, here is my suggesion for boys.

inexpensive tools
CD holders for their car
sets with deoderant, body wash, colone
shirts with sports teams on them
razer
shaving cream
socks

My siblings and I are all in our 20's...my parents have always given us things like pens/pencils, gum, sticky notes, socks, hair elastics, toothbrushes, dental floss, travel sizes of shampoo, nice bath soap, tea bags, instant coffee, a favorite candy...

All things that you could pick up at Walmart or the dollar store. All things that would be useful. You could also add a gift card for gas, a coffee shop, or any other place that they frequent. If they're in college (or know they'll be attending a particular school), a sweatshirt from the school's bookstore is a great gift

Thank you so much for the splendid ideas!

:thumbsup:

Have A BLESSED CHRISTMAS, especially all my friends who have been so gracious to respond to my posts this past year. I am so thankful for each and every one of you, and just wanted to tell you so.....hey, think I'll start a new thread posting such.

YOU, reading this friend, thank you so much for the great suggestions.!:thumbsup:

Theology of the Body by the Blessed Pope John Paul II.

If you were my mom and you gave this to me I know I would appreciate it. :thumbsup:

[quote="Daegus, post:9, topic:222254"]
Theology of the Body by the Blessed Pope John Paul II.

If you were my mom and you gave this to me I know I would appreciate it. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Hey Daegus sweetheart:

Good suggestion. Thank you. I already bought my 20 yo son a good recommended book "Boys to Men".....maybe I SHOULD buy this for my 17 yo son.... Hey thanks so much!

Think I will.

Luv,
Corinne

That’s so awesome!

I hope you read it, did you?

Need opinions:

Which book should I get?

[quote="Corinne3, post:11, topic:222254"]
That's so awesome!

I hope you read it, did you?

[/quote]

I didn't, but I really want to. I've heard a lot of good things about this book. (like: it gives a very good Christian perspective on sexuality.)

I'd definitely get this book but I don't know where to get it other than online and my mom has a fear on the Internet. As for which one, I think either the one for teens (by Jason/Chrystalina (sp?) Evert) or the normal edition would suffice.

Dear Daegus:

Try to get EWTN TV station. It is on cable around the US. They have such great shows. Namely, a great show for men, called Crossing the Goal. If you do not get it on TV it is here on line. www.crossingthegoal.com. You can watch every episode here friend.

I think it's an awesome show for men, but I like it too!

Blessings~
Corinne~

Stocking stuffers were a huge deal for my parents. We usually got stocking stuffers like: Pens/pencils, stationery, socks, chocolate covered Oreos, our favorite candy, our favorite coffee or tea, bath or beauty products, winter gloves, etc.

A winning idea for most of the teens I know would be an iTunes gift card, even if it's not for a large amount of money.

[quote="Romanova, post:15, topic:222254"]
Stocking stuffers were a huge deal for my parents. We usually got stocking stuffers like: Pens/pencils, stationery, socks, chocolate covered Oreos, our favorite candy, our favorite coffee or tea, bath or beauty products, winter gloves, etc.

A winning idea for most of the teens I know would be an iTunes gift card, even if it's not for a large amount of money.

[/quote]

YES Romanova! Thank you for the reminder! My 20 yo is totally into music! I forgot this is an excellent idea!Q Oh thanks so very much for this, and for Daegus, for the idea of the good book Theology of the Body.....

Merry Christmas everyone. now I'm getting happy.

BTW: My one foot tree is happy........gettin some little lights, velvet tree skirt, putting the manger scene around it.....I know it will be an awesome Christmas...considering.....Oh how our joy can be full when Jesus is our Lord!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, tools. A nice screwdriver with multiple tips or a key chain screwdriver or a hammer or a wrench are all super useful things!

[quote="KarenElissa, post:17, topic:222254"]
One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, tools. A nice screwdriver with multiple tips or a key chain screwdriver or a hammer or a wrench are all super useful things!

[/quote]

What a great idea Karen! Thank you! My 17 yo does like to fiddle with stuff!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.