Any good book suggestions for a convert going through RCIA?

Can anyone suggest any books on the Catholic faith that would be good for a 19 year old going through RCIA?

I’ve had four years of Catholic Theology in high school, have read the Compendium and am currently reading the Catechism in RCIA so I have a general (if light) background.

I’m looking for a book that goes into the faith a bit deeper while still remaining readable for someone with my background in learning about Catholic Theology.

I’m open to any books you could suggest to me, but if you need something specific, I am specifically interested in :
-Catholicism and philosophy

• The Eucharist
  • The Virgin Mary

Thanks and God Bless,
Humilis Viator
A.M.D.G.

For a fellow “nut”, Buckye that is, I would suggest looking into the Early Church Fathers. Jurgens (sp?)

I’d recommend:

The Catholic Catechism for Adults published by the USCCB (red cover)

and

The Catholic Way by Archbishop Wuerl.

’Catholic and Christian’ by Alan Schreck

Scott Hahn is great for converts I think. Check out “Rome Sweet Home.”

Hail Holy Queen wont disappoint.
amazon.com/Hail-Holy-Queen-Scott-Hahn/dp/0385501684

CaptianPicard is right…Scott Hahn has helped me understand Catholicism alot better. Lord have mercy, Hail Holy Queen, etc.

Check out all books by Scott Hahn. Also try Catholicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating

Scott Hahn’s The Lamb’s Supper, about the Eucharist and how the Book of Revelations demonstrates how the Mass prefigures worship in heaven.

hello and welcome.

here are some good reading to start.
zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~vgg/rc/aplgtc/hahn/m3/4mrkc.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.