Any good books to read on the Eucharist?

Hi,

I am trying to more fully understand the Church’s belief in Christ’s real presence in the Eucharist, especially scriptural evidence. I have a Protestant friend that is curious, and I am curious as well. Does anybody know of any good books to read on the Eucharist, especially one that explains the scriptural evidence?

Thank you!!

Jaclyn

I loved Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist by Brant Pitre. It really opens up the Old Testament Scripture in a surprising way to reveal how God was preparing the people for the Eucharist. I think the Lamb’s Supper is also very good, although it’s been so long since I read it I can’t remember if it has a specific focus on the Real Presence.

I want to 2nd Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist . As a matter of fact buy more than one copy. You will want to give some away. :slight_smile:

I also agree that “Jewish Roots of the Eucharist” is a fine book.

But there’s another book that approaches Eucharist from its Jewish roots as well as how it relates to Christian prophecy (mainly from Revelation). It is The Lamb’s Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth by Dr. Scott Hahn.

I highly recommend both books, but if I could only read one, it would be Dr. Hann’s book.

I did not realize until recently that his book is so awesome that it even has a study guide, which is presently on my Kindle and is even MORE awesomeness. My Chalice runneth over.

My top two choices have already been mentioned so I will add The Hidden Manna by Fr. James O’Connor…

ignatius.com/Products/HM2-P/the-hidden-manna.aspx

I concur with these two choices! Fine books!

The Lamb’s Supper is highly recommended.

One of what I think is the best books is one called “The 7 secrets of the Eucharist”

I would highly recommend the book Eucharistic Miracles by Joan Carroll Cruz.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.