Any good, tasty recipes for pork chops?

**Hi! :wave: Help! I am looking for a recipe for pork chops. It is getting close to dinner time and I have no idea what to do to make these tasty and need a recipe fast!!! **

Mmmm I love pork chops…
I’m a grill fanatic… so I usually just use very basic spices and then throw it on the grill.
Pork Chops are versatile, though… they go well with “hot” spices (like pepper and garlic salt)… or with “sweet” spices like cinnamon and nutmeg (oh nutmeg on pork chops is amazing!)…
I also sometimes spoon on a little applesauce onto the pork chop after I’ve turned it on the grill (onto the already grilled side)… and the sweetness of the applesauce goes really well with pork chops…

Okay… I’ve rambled enough… now I’m hungry! :slight_smile:

yum, the applesauce does sound good! What sides/vegetable would you do with it?? Just curious :shrug: **

I’m lazy :smiley: … I often use frozen veggies that I just pop in the microwave… mixed broccoli/carrots/cauliflower… etc…

And I often cook whole grain wild rice (I love Uncle Ben’s brand)…

That’s a fairly typical meal for us… meat on the grill, veggies, and rice…

Serve with grilled onions, you a sweet yellow onion in half, top with some butter and a hint of dry bullion (half a cube if you have cubes) wrap in foil and put on the grill or inthe oven. (There is something about pork apples and onions that is soooo good).

Then, add something green and it is supper!

It won’t help you today, but I usually make pork chops in the crockpot. I brown them with whatever seasonings, then put them in the crockpot. In the same pan, I add a can of cream of celery soup to pick up all of the seasonings. Then, I cut up some potatos and carrots and put those on top of the pork chops. Then, I pour the soup on top of it all and keep it on low all day. The pork chops are very moist and just fall apart.

I bread my porkchops and cook them covered in a pan with a teensy bit of water.

Coat them with egg, then pat them on a pile of breadcrumbs (I prefer italian). Sear on med-hi heat in lightly oiled pan until the breading is adhering to the chops. Lower the heat, add just enough water to coat the bottom of the pan, cover and simmer about 25 minutes (that’s a guess- I do it by when I feel like they might be done, lol).

Sometimes I add a bit of vidalia onion dressing to the water. It turns into a really tasty brown sauce as it cooks.

They come out moist and tender all the time!

I have also baked pork chops in the oven. I layered pork chops, slightly browned but raw in the middle, provalone cheese, and thin apple slices in a bread pan, filled 1/3 up with water (this might have been a little too much) and sprinkled nutmeg and cinnamon here and there.

It was quite delicious.

I simply get mixed herbs (an Italian-style blend, rosemary, basil, oregano etc) and sprinkle a generous pinch on each side of each chop prior to cooking, along with a little cracked or ground pepper. Salt them after the cooking.

They do well on my George Foreman-esque grill (cheap knockoff of the real deal), or could probably be pan-fried (on low to medium rather than high heat, put a little bit of oil in the pan even if it’s non-stick)

**Thank you for the replies. I am having trouble deciding now which one to do!!! :confused: I have to run to the store either way. We do have a George Foreman but it is the huge one on a stand in the garage and it probably could use some dusting off if I wanted to do them on there…the honey mustard sounds good but so does the apples and onions, although I have the Italian seasonings already and I have the breadcrumbs if I wanted to do that one! AAUUUGGHHH!! I can’t decide!!! I think I will tell DH his choices and take it from there!!! :slight_smile:

Just ask Mirror Mirror, I am the most indecisive person he has ever met :blush:

Thanks ladies (and gents)!! It’s so nice to get recipes from trusted CAF friends :wink: **

Oh, um the honey mustard one is posted under
Longest Conversation under the BAck fence incase you all thought I was losing my mind :whacky: :blush
:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.