Any Harry Dresden Fans here?

The books-not the show.

I loved the show - didn't know there were books. Who's the author? Is it the same basic premise?

[quote="Corki, post:2, topic:206980"]
I loved the show - didn't know there were books. Who's the author? Is it the same basic premise?

[/quote]

James Butcher and it is the same premise. He he has 13 books to date.

I'm a big fan...I've read all the Dresden File books and a few of Butcher's short stories in the anthologies. I like the way the character has developed...and the discussion of the nature of faith...Harry's pentacle and Michael's armor and sword...especially when a vampire touched him and was burned as he was a "Knight of the Cross".

"Changes"...the last book was a fast read....changes indeed....I hope Jim Butcher continues the series....

[quote="Publisher, post:4, topic:206980"]
I'm a big fan...I've read all the Dresden File books and a few of Butcher's short stories in the anthologies. I like the way the character has developed...and the discussion of the nature of faith...Harry's pentacle and Michael's armor and sword...especially when a vampire touched him and was burned as he was a "Knight of the Cross".

"Changes"...the last book was a fast read....changes indeed....I hope Jim Butcher continues the series....

[/quote]

He is supposed to be writing 13 more there is a0short story coming out this fall that covers the first 20 minutes after the end of Changes I suspect M
AB is0involved

[quote="estesbob, post:1, topic:206980"]
The books-not the show.

[/quote]

Absolutely!! LOVE them! The show, on the other hand, was an abomination. I was closer than I've ever been to throwing something at the TV.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.