Any hope for journalist Jill Carroll?

Kidnapped U.S. Journalist in New Videotape
Thursday, February 09, 2006
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif

KUWAIT CITY — Kidnapped American journalist Jill Carroll appeared in a video aired Thursday on a private Kuwaiti TV channel, appealing for her supporters to do whatever it takes to win her release and saying “there is a very short time.”

Carroll was shown in the black-and-white video wearing an Islamic headscarf, sitting on a chair in front of a wall with a large floral design. She spoke to the camera in a firm voice, without weeping as she did on a previous video.

“I am here. I am fine. Please just do whatever they want, give them whatever they want as quickly as possible,” she said, adding she was speaking on Feb. 2, nearly a month after she was abducted by armed men in Baghdad. “There is a very short time. Please do it fast. That’s all.”

continued: foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184392,00.html

Where there’s life, there is hope.

[quote=gilliam]Where there’s life, there is hope.
[/quote]

You think the U.S. should concede to the kidnappers demands? If a rescue operation isn’t possible, I would be open to it.

Whatever the case I believe God holds all of the cards with regard to Jill’s life, as I have no faith the terrorists will have a change of heart.

[quote=Catholic29]You think the U.S. should concede to the kidnappers demands?
[/quote]

My wife and I have been praying for her, and checking csmonitor.com daily hoping for an update.

With that said, we should never concede to a kidnappers demands, as painful as that may be. Not because her life isn’t valuable, but simply because it empowers kidnapping as an effective tactic. If it works, they’ll kidnap more and make more demands. Refusing to negotiate with kidnappers renders kidnapping less effective.

It’s best for the world, and for peace, if we make practicing peaceful tactics more effective than violent ones.

[quote=Catholic29]You think the U.S. should concede to the kidnappers demands? If a rescue operation isn’t possible, I would be open to it.
[/quote]

That would be a very big mistake. It would only encourage more kidnappings with more demands.

I have prayed for this woman. I will pray again tonight.

[quote=JamesG]I have prayed for this woman. I will pray again tonight.
[/quote]

I have been and will again as well.:gopray2:

My fear is that the terrorists will keep kidnapping, demanding and killing no matter what our policies may be.:frowning:

But God please help Jill or change her kidnappers hearts.:gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.