Any ideas for a teen Eucharistic Confirmation Retreat?

Hey, I’m on the planning team for a confirmation retreat with the awesome Franciscans of the Renewal and was wondering if any one had suggestions to help teens have a really good experience with our Lord in Adoration as most of them aren’t that familiar with it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much.

the Youth 2000 concept has been the most powerful I have seen consistently, with the climax of the burning bush, Eucharistic procession and holy hour. Even if you can’t afford a team to come the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal and Stan Fortuna on their websites will have suggestions.

*I do not know if this is along the lines of what you are looking for or how much teenagers will be into it. But it may be worth a try.
For a black and white film it has a good picture and something about it being in subtitles I find it to keep my attention better. It is almost like reading a live or animated book.
gloria.tv/?media=26881

God bless,

I do not know if this is along the lines of what you are looking for or how much teenagers will be into it. But it may be worth a try.
For a black and white film it has a good picture and something about it being in subtitles I find it to keep my attention better. It is almost like reading a live or animated book.
gloria.tv/?media=26881

cool, it looks very interesting. I look forward to watching later when I have a moment.

(even if they don’t enjoy it I will!)

Thanks!

Scripural Rosary in front of the Blessed Sacrament may be something to consider as it may be something to help the teens make connections in the Bible that they had not made before but is still reverent.

Don’t try too hard to make it relevant. Jesus is quite capable of making Himself fascinating. Give Him plenty of silent time to do that.

We have had the Friars of the Renewal in our parish and they pretty much lay it all out for you. The planning team just had to make sure it happens. When they came to us, we just had to make sure things were set up the way they wanted and that the musicians knew which music they wanted (although the group of friars we had provided much of their own music). We were responsible for publicity and the like, printing handouts, provide them with a computer, set up mics, speakers, etc. We didn’t plan the retreat at all, they had it all under control

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.