Any ideas?

As you can see in my signature, I publish some blogs, unfortunately, I don't publish as ofetn as I would like. It can be difficult balancing schoolwork and the time needed to publish a meaningful blog post, while also allowing my brain some downtime where I am NOT writing, but I digress. My readership is quite paltry. In fact I have very few regular followers, and on a normal day, i will get 2-3 hits per blog. Upon occasion I will have a stellar day, but those are very few and very far between. Every time I post a new blog, I link to it on Facebook and Twitter. Does anyone have any other ideas that might increase readership? Just to be sure, I am not interested in readership to brag about how many people read my work, but I feel that as a writer it is my responsibility to communicate the faith using any means at my disposal I may have.

I have made a few posts in the top blog on your list. The secret is having content that is relevant and that has some appeal to a larger audience. The best way that I know of getting readers is trackbacks and having reciprocal links with other bloggers. This will require you to build relationships with bloggers having related material.

The content of the top blog, which is the only one that I have looked at, is combative and makes assertions without proofs. It has a polemical style that is unappealing to many people--myself included. You might consider a more deliberative approach as suggested by two of my comments.

Speaking of comments, I would suggest allowing comments without requiring a review first. People are less likely to stick with a blog that is slow moving because the blogger wishes to review all comments. This all depends, of course, on what kind of "following" you wish to generate.

Kind regards,
FL

Wordpress has some tips for this that I think are helpful:

en.support.wordpress.com/getting-more-views-and-traffic/

Posting on CAF helps, too. :p The majority of the hits for my blog come from here. :o

[quote="Joe_5859, post:3, topic:219556"]
Wordpress has some tips for this that I think are helpful:

en.support.wordpress.com/getting-more-views-and-traffic/

Posting on CAF helps, too. :p The majority of the hits for my blog come from here. :o

[/quote]

So do you post links , or leave them in your sig line?

Hello StTommyMore,

I have an art blog ... which I need to be better at updating! :)

The best way to have people follow you long term and comment on your blog is to do more than simply exchange links with other bloggers ... It's to develop actual relationships with other bloggers such that you visit their blog and leave decent comments, and then the ones with like minds and kindred spirits will reciprocate and do the same for you.

Sound like a lot of work? It is.

Posting your blog in your sig is a good idea. I've had mixed feelings about doing so here at CAF with my blog since my blog is not focused on religion, apart from last winter when I documented the March for Life in Washington DC and put up a series of journalistic posts complete with actual photos I took at the event.

Anyways, good luck to you,
and you just may see me visiting your blog
one of these days! :)

~~ the phoenix

[quote="StTommyMore, post:4, topic:219556"]
So do you post links , or leave them in your sig line?

[/quote]

I just leave them in my sig line for the most part. People get curious and click on the links, I suppose. WordPress enables you see how people get to your blog (i.e. what they click on to get there). This can help you see what is working and what isn't as far as drumming up traffic. (Incidentally, I think I get about the same number of hits on my blogs as you do. :o)

I've received a few hits from google, but the vast majority come from here. I know there's all sorts of tips out there on SEO (search engine optimization) which tells you how to increase the likelihood that your site will pop up in an internet search.

I think FindingLove and Phoenix are right about how best to increase traffic: build relationships with other bloggers. I haven't reached the point where blog traffic is a top priority for me, so I haven't put any effort into that just yet. Maybe someday....

[quote="Joe_5859, post:6, topic:219556"]
I just leave them in my sig line for the most part. People get curious and click on the links, I suppose. WordPress enables you see how people get to your blog (i.e. what they click on to get there). This can help you see what is working and what isn't as far as drumming up traffic. (Incidentally, I think I get about the same number of hits on my blogs as you do. :o)

I've received a few hits from google, but the vast majority come from here. I know there's all sorts of tips out there on SEO (search engine optimization) which tells you how to increase the likelihood that your site will pop up in an internet search.

I think FindingLove and Phoenix are right about how best to increase traffic: build relationships with other bloggers. I haven't reached the point where blog traffic is a top priority for me, so I haven't put any effort into that just yet. Maybe someday....

[/quote]

It is in't a "priority" pe se, but I would like to see that people are reading. I have a few nascent relationships. Blogspot has a similar feature. I get mostly from here and FB, but i am starting to get a few from Twitter. Noce thing is that I have had traffic coming from about 20 countries or so.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.