Any Jane Austen fans out there?

Ooohhhh do you know if itwill it be available on Netflix in Jan???

‘excessively diverted’ is not the name of a book, at least not as far as I know. Those words are something Lizzy Bennet says in Pride and Prejudice.

Downton Abbey you mean? How long did it take for the series to appear on Netflix this past year when season 2 was done airing on PBS? I think that would be the best example of when season 3 would be available on Netflix.

I did like the version of “Pride and Prejudice” after I watched it a 2nd time. Seeing it after veiwing the BBC version with Colin Firth did prejudice me against the more modern version but afterwards I warmed up to it. The scenery and music in the 2nd version was gorgeous and Karen Knightly was excellent and that Mr. Darcy was certainly romantic…
As to the 3rd series of Downton Abbey - which I’m looking forward to - I just wonder where they will take it to and hope they do not ruin the charactors by trying to do too much. We shall see

Hopper:)

After I saw it at the cinema when it came out, I couldn’t believe Keira Knightly made me cry during the film… I never throught she had the real acting chops. Seeing it at one of my favourite 1930’s Melbourne theatres(one who’s 30s allure survived it’s transition into a 5 cinema multiplex thanks to great renovative work), Balywn Theatre(now officially Cinema, but retaining the “Theatre” sinage) was a real treat.

Interesting to read the comments here. I’m only acquainted with the novels, and I don’t think I’ve seen any of the films or read the Austen-inspired novels.

For me, as a general principle, the book always is more enjoyable than the movie.

Elizabeth Gaskell is really good, too - North and South (not the 1980’s miniseries).

I don’t much go in for sequels not written by the original author. They just seem to miss the mark a bit for me.

I recognized the phrase and thought perhaps it was a parody or something.:slight_smile:

I did find t shirts that said excessively diverted :stuck_out_tongue:

And here I thought being excessively diverted meant being detoured off the interstate and having to drive for 500 miles on two-lane roads before getting back on :stuck_out_tongue:

I googled. There IS a sequel called ‘Excessively Diverted’! Probably about Lydia’s adventures in Brighton or something.

Having said which, I’ve heard good things about ‘Wide Sargasso Sea’ which is a prequel to Jane Eyre from the POV of Rochester’s first wife who goes insane.

:D:D:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.