Any Language learning in Seminary?

In Catholic seminary, do seminarians learn any languages? For example I would like to learn hopefully in my lifetime, Spanish, French, Latin, Aramaic, Portuguese. Any chances of learning these languages while attending Seminary?

The Vatican recently reminded seminaries that they are all supposed to be teaching Latin. In the US most seminaries also require continued study in at least one language common in the US Catholic population such as Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese.

Alongside Latin, I'd Hebrew or Greek as to better interpret the Scriptures in their original forms.

[quote="Corki, post:2, topic:331970"]
The Vatican recently reminded seminaries that they are all supposed to be teaching Latin. In the US most seminaries also require continued study in at least one language common in the US Catholic population such as Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese.

[/quote]

*I know that for us, Spanish is considered a pastoral language and thus we will have to take it in our third year (I believe). I'm a seminarian from the Archdiocese of Detroit. We take two years of Latin (which is a relief). In our third year (or 4th?) we take a trip to Mexico during the summer and live with a family, to immerse ourselves in more Spanish. Perhaps if Your formatters and directors see fit, perhaps You could take an elective in another language, depending on Your seminary. *

At my seminary you have intense latin the whole way through! and koine greek, and spanish.

My diocese has a lot of Spanish-speaking people so the diocese requires that seminarians take 2 years of Spanish. It's required by universities all over to take 2 semesters of foreign language so it's a good idea.

Thank you all for answering especially the ones who are in seminary right now thank you and God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.