Any outdoors enthusiasts here?

I'm into hiking, kayaking camping, and biking or really anything that takes place outdoors.

Yes! I started a group on CAF for hikers, hunters, etc.

I love to hike, fish, and be outside. I don't hunt myself, but I know alot of people who do. I spend a bit too much time out there sometimes!

Living in NH we are blessed with the greatest outdoors in the world. I take advantage of that throughout all 4 seasons.

[quote="Rascalking, post:2, topic:215085"]
Yes! I started a group on CAF for hikers, hunters, etc.

I love to hike, fish, and be outside. I don't hunt myself, but I know alot of people who do. I spend a bit too much time out there sometimes!

Living in NH we are blessed with the greatest outdoors in the world. I take advantage of that throughout all 4 seasons.

[/quote]

I'm a warm weather kayaker (no white water), hike all year round except for below 20 degrees or over 98. Not a cold weather biker either but love hiking anytime especially in the fall. I'm scheduled for a hike Wednesday night :-) Love to camp too. Not into rockclimbing.

We have mountains up here that are part of the Appalachian trail, 4,000 footers that are easy as heck to climb, and 4,000 that are very challenging. I love it up in New England.

Kayaking is ok, I've done it a few times but I get bored just floating around. ;) I used to cycle alot more than I do know, but I usually just go on long runs and hikes with my dogs. If I was cyciling it wouldn't be too easy for them!

I love hiking, biking, kayaking, camping... all of it! I spend most of my free time outdoors. Got to love the Lord's handiwork!

I love nature but don't spend much time out in it.

We take a week's vacation every couple of years to Yellowstone. Except for it being the world's largest super volcano, it's a beautiful park :rotfl:

We LOVE outdoor activities!

Although, with young ones around it's hard to be AS adventurous as we used to be (scuba diving, rock climbing, mountain biking)... but we'll slowly work our way back and introduce the kids to the fun in the process... we bike trails and hike in the woods for now. :)
We live in a really cool neighborhood that's right on protected land... we have a natural spring practically in our back yard, surrounded by beautiful grounds that are great for seeing animals (black bears, otters, tons of birds, etc)... so beautiful!

I LOVE being in the great outdoors! Hiking, climbing, fishing, and upland bird hunting. I like canoeing and rafting as well, but our lack of either at the moment puts a bit of a damper on that.

If we could just get back onto skis... I'd be thrilled... We've missed every season since the year I was PG with twins... I'm crossing my fingers we get to start them this year... I might even take up boarding... looks like fun!!!

Cycling, swimming, surfing, boating, trail running. I'm starting to work toward ultramarathons.

Pax,
OA

[quote="Orleans_Attny, post:10, topic:215085"]
Cycling, swimming, surfing, boating, trail running. I'm starting to work toward ultramarathons.

Pax,
OA

[/quote]

I'm not quite on that level. I did hike the Barryman Trail (24 miles) in one day. My next goal is to bike a half century (50 miles) in one day but that will be next year. :cool:

I am not really an outdoors-y person but I have been hiking (except for getting lost for a bit I liked it), I have wanted to learn to kayak for a while, I have been turtle watching and a lot of other outdoor activities. So while I am not an enthusiast I don't mind particpating every once in a while.

[quote="trinichiqn, post:12, topic:215085"]
I am not really an outdoors-y person but I have been hiking (except for getting lost for a bit I liked it), .

[/quote]

I consider myself an expierenced hiker, I've been doing it for about 20 years (I'm 30, and I've been hiking forever) and yes, I can tell you that getting lost stinks, and it can be super scary too!

[quote="Rascalking, post:13, topic:215085"]
I consider myself an expierenced hiker, I've been doing it for about 20 years (I'm 30, and I've been hiking forever) and yes, I can tell you that getting lost stinks, and it can be super scary too!

[/quote]

It was still pretty early and there were a quite a few of us so I wasn't scared yet but a little panicked (I was about 15 the first time). If it happened now I would be totally panicked, last year we got a little turned around when we went turtle watching and I slightly freaked although this was way later (after midnight and very dark).

[quote="trinichiqn, post:14, topic:215085"]
It was still pretty early and there were a quite a few of us so I wasn't scared yet but a little panicked (I was about 15 the first time). If it happened now I would be totally panicked, last year we got a little turned around when we went turtle watching and I slightly freaked although this was way later (after midnight and very dark).

[/quote]

I'm an avid hiker and can say I've never officially gotten lost. Once when on a hike with 20 people around Petosoi MO. We lost the trail and even with 15 GPS units we still couldn't find it so we bushwacked through the woods in the direction of our cars (some of which had been shuttled to the end of the trail at Crane lake). I always hike with at least 2 others that way if I get lost I'm in good company...lol :eek::D:cool:

Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Backpacking, Trail Runing, Swimming…currently preparing for a relay race across Arizona…

I love the outdoors and my dream vacation would involve lots of outdoors things, but my family spends ALL of our vacation time visiting my husband's parents, so I don't really get to plan any fun outdoors vacations to national parks or anything. :(

I live about an hour away from the mountains, where there are lots of great hiking trails and camping spots. When I had the summers off, the kids and I would spend most of our time out there.

In the winter, I'm an avid x-country skier, snow shoer. When the budget permits, we also go downhill skiing and snow-boarding.

When we visit my parents at their cabin on the lake, it's boating, kayaking, canoeing, biking and more hiking.

Fairly outdoorsy myself.

I love the outdoors. I have hiked/backpacked all around the country. I also love kayaking, rafting, and canoeing. I've done this in rivers and the ocean.

I also love visiting National Parks and so forth.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.