Any patron saints of achieving goals?

Achieving my goals seems like a hopeless or impossible task to me now. I need a patient and determined saint who can inspire me and pray for me. With God’s unconditional love and grace and the saints’ kind and holy intercession, I will greatly increase our chances of achieving them. Please help me. Thank you very much.

St Joseph snd his Holy Cloak Novena

2 Likes

The priest in his homily today told us the most important thing in life is to follow Jesus. Our goal is heaven and Jesus is the one who leads us there.

It does not matter what happens to us in this life, whether we experience illness, financial difficulties, suffering, loneliness, death, so long as we trust God, setting our minds on our eternal life.

Saint Ocsar Romero died from gunshot wounds while offering the sacrifice of the mass because he spoke up for the poor who were abused.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I will pray to him.

1 Like

Thank you. I will pray to him.

Do you have any saints of persistence?

St Jude is my saint of choice…Saint of hopeless causes.

1 Like

I’d say St. Therese of Lisieux. She had to be persistent before she was finally allowed to become a nun. She was told no because she was too young, and had to wait several years, but eventually got to enter Carmel. Through her story I also learned the importance of patience and obedience. Sometimes we want to achieve our goals right now, but God may want us to wait. (Or have different plans for us altogether.)

I’d also say St. Monica, she was persistent and prayed for years for her son’s conversion to Catholicism. He finally did convert, and both St. Monica and St. Augustine’s feast days are next week! You could start a novena to her today and end on her feast day on the 27th. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If your goal is to become more holy, there are a lot of saints to choose from.

If your goals are related to earthly things ---- then it’s worth remembering that God doesn’t call us to be successful, he calls us to be faithful.

1 Like

Thank you very much

Thank you. I will pray more

Thank you. I will pray to him.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.