Any recommendations for a Catechism with commentary?

Is anyone familiar with an edition of the Catechism that has some commentary or explanation? I’m a Catholic school grad but unfortunately of that era when the “enlightened” were teaching courses like social justice instead of catechism, so I need to study up. Thanks!

[quote=stellina]Is anyone familiar with an edition of the Catechism that has some commentary or explanation? I’m a Catholic school grad but unfortunately of that era when the “enlightened” were teaching courses like social justice instead of catechism, so I need to study up. Thanks!
[/quote]

I’d recommend **The Essential Catholic Catechism ** by Alan Schrek.

You might also want to consider the Companion to Catechism, published by Ignatius Press:

ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=309&SKU=CCCC-P&ReturnURL=search.aspx%3f%3fSID%3d1%26SearchCriteria%3dCATECHISM

Another candidate is Catholic Christianity, A Complete Commentary on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, by Peter Kreeft

Blessings,

Gerry

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.