Any Rock n Roll fans in here?

And when I say rock n roll I literally mean the actual rock n roll music ( circa 1954-1963 era) and if so what is your favourite song / artist?

Your brother in Christ,
Zachary

Big Buddy Holly/Elvis fan. Also a huge fan of anything by Chuck Berry. I’d have to say my favorite song from that era would either be “Everyday” performed by Buddy Holly or “You Never Can Tell” by Chuck Berry.

Chuck Berry, Elvis, Bill Haley, and the Beatles & the Beach Boys (if they count). Good stuff :smiley:

Though I’d have to say my favorite song from the era is “Runaway” by Del Shannon.

Ritchie Valens, Eddie Cochran, Bobby Day, Little Richard

Well, I think you have to include the Beatles in the category of “actual rock n’ roll music”, no?

But anyway, Bill Haley/Comets, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Ritchie Valens, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis.

Don’t like Little Richard. Too androgynous- bad precedent.

Chuck berry would have to be my favorite 50’s Rock N Roller. Thought Bo Diddly comes in close second. My favorite song from that time is ‘‘Shakin’ All Over’’. I don’t know who the artist is, because I have it on a compilation called ‘‘Rockin’ Bones’’.

Oh hellsyeah! I love it all, from the Coasters, to Jerry Lee, to Lil Richard (and I don’t care if he IS ‘the King AND Queen of rock’n’roll’ that dude had some style!), to Link Wray, to the great lords of Doo Wop, to…oh man, name it I love it all.

I actually took a full year of rock history in college, and it was NO gimme-class, I promise you. Tensor math was easier in a lot of ways, but this at least swung!!

I mean, where else could you get a full three hour lecture on the Kinks, with homework and a (well-concepted amd concise)paper due next class?

I kept trying to talk the prof out of being such a Who fan, but no dice. I liked the soul sound better in general.

I’m far too young to have been around for any of that music, but my parents listened to it when they were growing up. When my brother and I were growing up we listened to nothing else but an oldies station that played mainly songs from the mid-1950s through the late 1960s. Yeah, that was really good music that you could feel in your bones. Funny thing how nobody considers it the devil’s music anymore.

ChadS

You obviously haven’t been around some parts of CAF. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I’ve missed those, I was just thinking there’s other “devil’s music” out there now to deal with.

ChadS

Yep, I may have been in high school during the (yuck) Disco years…but love Buddy Holly, Elvis, The Platters, Little Richard…(love British Rock that came later too)

Yeah, unfortunately, some posters haven’t quite grasped that concept. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.