Any Salesians around?

I’m an aspiring Daughter of St. Francis de Sales, and would be interested in discussions with anyone who is interested in Salesian spirituality.

Thanks, and God bless you!

Sue

acts17verse28.blogspot.com/

Yes, we attend Mass at a church that is served by priests who are Oblates of St. Francis De Sales and my husband and I were members of a De Sales Group that meets once a month. We are not going to the meetings now because of his work schedule. We are practicing living in the present moment in God’s presents, and we are living Jesus in our day-to-day vocations.
God bless.

CarolinNC - are you in NC, too?

NCSue
acts17verse28.blogspot.com/

Yes, in Wilmington, we attend the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church here. Where are you located???

In Durham. There’s a Salesian parish here, but we attend a different one with a diocesan priest - we joinged the church through RCIA there, and so we have a loyalty to that church & to our church family there. Was introduced to the Daughters of St. Francis de Sales at a conference several years ago & am in fomation at this time. We’ll be down your way next month - heading down to Wrightsville Beach. Perhaps we’ll check out Immaculate Conception while we’re there.

We attend the 7:30 (morning) Mass, my husband is an Usher, and I am disabled, so it is easier to attend an earlier and smaller Mass. The church is on Carolina Beach Road, on the way to Carolina Beach.

Wrightsville Beach has a Catholic Church, St. Theresa, which may be easier for you, but if you want to visit Immaculate Conception, we would be honored.:smiley:

Hope you have a safe trip.

God bless.

Not sure what we’ll do - 7:30 is pretty early when on vacation! But I’ve attended the church in Wrightsville Beach before - it’s a nice church and walking distance from where we’re staying. But we’ll see how it goes!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.