Any significance to Jesus only praying alone?

Is there any significance to Jesus praying alone? I just found it interesting that there isn’t any recorded account of him praying with his apostles.

Hi,

There are MANY places in Scripture where He prayed in public. First of all, He prayed when He read about Himself in the synagogue (Lk 4:21). It was during a service in which He definitely would have joined in the praying of the Psalms.

He prayed when teaching His Apostles the Lord’s prayer. In Lk. 11:1, “He was praying in a certain place, and when He ceased, one of His disciples said to Him, ‘Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples…”

Then there is that beautiful prayer in John’s account of the Last Supper (Jn. 17: 2) “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you…”

And finally, on the Cross (Lk. 23:46), “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” There are still others; but these are sufficient for here.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.