Any sites that offer legal mp3 downloads?

Since weve ruled out that frostwire and bitcomet are illegal and constitues the sin of stealing… Can anyone recommend sites for legal mp3 downloads?? Because there are some songs that artists release on purpose for public consmption.

Is downloading from mp3raid.com breaking any laws? A sin?

Amazon?

iTunes?

And yes, it is a sin to steal.

If Spotify is available in your country, then that gives you a free or at least incredibly cheap way to listen to as much music as you like. The only drawback is that you occasionally have to endure 30 seconds of adverts between tracks.

Pandora is a great site to listen to music.

In Canada and Holland it is legal to download anything, including songs and movies so you cannot give a blanket yet its a sin to download these things. That does not apply everywhere.

Free Music Archive, all genres for listen or download.

Just because it may be legal to do something doesn’t make it right, moral or sinless.

Ditto on FMA. It’s a great web site I have previously recommended. All sorts of music, too: from gospel to bluegrass to jazz to hip-hop and everything in-between. Essential web site for anyone with an mp3 player.

Yes I have had this arguement with Dex and Dex won… I am from Canada. Just like abortion. Abortion in Canada is legal, but that doesnt mean its moral. Legal or not, sin or not, I deleted my media library anyway in offering to the Holy Souls in purgatory. .I SURE DO hope that God’s accepts my sacrifice as it was really hard for me to let go of it, It took me years to build it up. It was quite depressing actually, but w/e.

Dex, what do you think of downloading from www.mp3skull.com or www.mp3raid.com?

Mp3Raid.com is dedicated to index and organize music that has been **legally posted **on the Internet. We have access to more than a million free mp3 downloads and free music downloads all over the internet which makes us one of the best music search engine on the net. You can legally listen to any mp3 file before you download it and you can post your mp3 on your page/profile for free.”

Yes it does.
As has been endlessly pointed out, copyright law is secular, not natural law. As long as you are complying with the laws of the country you are in, there is no sin.
I doubt many folks would find it worthwhile to make the trip to the Netherlands or even Canada just to fill up their iPod.

What is immoral is the US trying to club other countries into abiding by our ridiculous laws.

There’s also Cheap, I mean Clear Channel’s I Heart Radio and the pay version of Napster as well.

No it doesn’t…

Natural Law dictates that anything that is created by someone, is usually considered by that person to be their work or something that they own. Therefore to take something that they have created, and believe that they own, without their permission is to violate a natural law. That is why one of the ten commandments GIVEN BY GOD relates to coverting your neighbour’s possessions(and wife), and another dictates that you shall not steal anything your neighbour believes that he owns(or indeed shall not steal from anyone).

In that one commandment GOD dictates that it is illegal, because of Natural Law, to steal whatever it is that your Neighbour BELIEVES that he owns(Unless of cause he believes he owns something that you actually legally and rightfully own, even then taking it back without his permission/knowledge is somewhat of a sin). It does not matter therefore whatever the secular laws dictate, funny enough though that they are usually in some agreement.

furthermore…

As long as you are complying with the laws of the country you are in, there is no sin.

So most of the Priest and Bishops in America are about to commit a sin by opposing, and outright ignoring, Obama’s directive to force them to commit to funding Abortion?

I’m sorry but that doesn’t make sense at all.

I don’t know. I could fit 100,000 to 200,000 thousand songs on my 1 TB hard drive. At 0.99 to 1.29 per song on itunes and Amazon I would say that little the trip would pay for itself.

Spotify is awesome. I much prefer it over Pandora. :thumbsup:

If you like old time radio, I highly recommend this.

Thousands of downloads or listen online.

Legal, moral and very entertaining.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.