Any suggestions for books on the Fatima apparitions?

I’m looking for sugestions, what are some great books on the Fatima apparitions and the events surrounding them, is there a definitive book on the subject? :slight_smile:

I am not sure actually…I always see that Fr. Gruner name tossed about in unison with any mention of Fatima, but that is about it. I am not sure if he is considered orthodox or not.

fatimafamily.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=42

Documents on Fatima & Memoirs of Sister Lucia

$24.99

For the first time for English-speaking readers, important historical documents that provide crucial details surrounding the 1917 apparitions of the Immaculate Heart of Mary to three shepherd children are provided in Documents on Fatima & the Memoirs of Sister Lucia.

Most of the book is a translation of documents compiled by the foremost Fatima scholar, Fr. Antonio M. Martins, S.J. The book includes the Memoirs of Sister Lucia, letters of hers, as well as various historical documents never before printed in English, such as the Church’s interviews of the seers, letters of pilgrims who witnessed the events, and media reports.

In addition to Fr. Martin’s documents are a pictoral documentary of more than 200 pictures of Fatima, past and present, an historical update by Fr. Robert J. Fox. The Memoirs, documents, and pictures make this three-books-in-one—the most complete book on Fatima documents in the world.

Book is in oversized format.

480 pages.

Fr. Gruner is not in good standing with the Church, per this reference:

ewtn.com/vexperts/showmessage.asp?number=415912&Pg=&pgnu=&recnu=

As for good books on Fatima, I would recommend Sr. Lucia’s two-part biography, “Fatima in Lucia’s Own Words,” which is an account of the early childhood of the seers and time leading up to the apparitions, as well as accounting of all that happened. I would also recommend “The Documents of Fatima,” edited by the late Fr. Robert Fox, who was a big promoter of Fatima (I got to meet him several years ago, and his love for the Church and for Our Lady were very much evident with every word he spoke). “The Sun Danced at Fatima” is also supposed to be a good book, although I have not read it yet.

I had the privilege of making a pilgrimage to Fatima this past summer and it greatly touched me. If you ever have the opportunity to go, I can’t recommend it highly enough.

-ACEGC

Thanks I’ll look into that one.

If you want a brief but beautiful introduction to the story of Fatima, I’d personally recommend this little booklet:

cts-online.org.uk/acatalog/info_D651.html

I read it and thought it was absolutely wonderful :slight_smile:

Yes this is the best and definitive book on Fatima. I have it, love it, and find it an invaluable resource.

Another very good book that is new is
A While Longer

• it covers the literal of what happened at Fatima, and covers the spiritual side of the apparition too – in other words, what does it mean? I have read many books on Fatima that tell what happened, but this one also gave a lot of ideas and insights as to why God gave us Fatima that I never read in all the other books.

God bless you.

Cardinal Raymond Burke, Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, has given his blessing, and written a Foreword, to a new book “FATIMA FOR TODAY” which explains the huge significance of the Fatima visions and their message.

The book is by Franciscan Friar Fr Andrew Apostoli

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.