Any tobacco pipe-smokers here? What's your favorite blend?

Sadly, have entered “tobacco” pipe-smokers in the title in order to clear things up. Nothing illicit.

I’ve been a pipe smoker for years, occasionally enjoy a good quality cigar (that is, one that costs more that $3 a stick).

My go-to blends for the past few years are from Cornell & Diehl:

Byzantium. From the mfg’s description: “An intriguing interpretation of the classic Balkan. Redolent of Latakia, Orientals, and bracing Perique, Byzantium is an alluring companion for flights of the imagination to exotic lands.” I love this stuff.

Epiphany. From the mfg’s description: “Reminiscent of the original Revelation said to be the favorite of Albert Einstein, C&D’s Epiphany is an adroit melding of Virginias, Burleys, Latakia, and Perique in unified harmony.” Lighter than Byzantium, smoke it alternatively.

3 Likes

Yup, I’ve been enjoying pipes and cigars for about 10 years. I like any Cigar by Drew Estate and my favorite pipe tobacco is Metropolitan Tabac Blend #314 followed closely by Rivendell.

Here’s my antique pipe rack…

6 Likes

At the risk of being a downer to this fine thread and everyone’s fine tastes…I smoke Pipe-Tobacco but nothing fancy. I smoke what is called Golden Harvest Tobacco. I’ll just give it a little bit of a review, “opening the blue bag of Tobacco the aroma of coco and coffee permeate the air. The flavor is light and smooth beating any box brand out there.”

4 Likes

Half and Half, Sir Walter Raleigh, Black Cavedish, Sutliff Pumpkin Pie, Bayou Morning, Haunted Bookshop, Orlik Dark Kentucky.

3 Likes

Best Blend Ever! :1st_place_medal:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve been known to dabble in it… :no_mouth:

My favorite blend?
Ya gotta be kidding…they are all good to me save that damnable Haunted Bookshop…

1 Like

I love Haunted Bookshop but it’s definitely strong. A little harsh on the throat too. My smokes tend to be better in the cooler weather… I wonder if the humidity affects the smoke?

1 Like

Bacon flavored :bacon:

2 Likes

I am not a pipe smoker, nor have interest in them but a tiny little thank you for this post because it immediately made me think of my Grandpa. It brought a smile to my face… I miss him. He died many years ago, but he loved to sit in ‘his’ chair in the living room after a hard day at work, and smoke his pipe.

The smell of cherry tobacco will forever be a comforting smell to me and I love the scent… it was the kind of tobacco he always smoked. :cherries:

2 Likes

Mmmm :yum: I should order some!

No worries & no judgement. Pipe-smoking is a rarefied art-form. It’s all about personal tastes. We have few things to enjoy on this Earth.

I smoked Haunted Bookshop. It’s okay. Blended by the same folks that I smoke. Epiphany might be more along your line: still English, but not as much perique .

2 Likes

Bayou Morning is good it’ll put some hair on chest…

2 Likes

I don’t smoke but I admire the pipes. Kind of wish I did smoke but I don’t like always having the taste in my mouth.

1 Like

You could always put a fake flower in it like Dr Seuss after he quit smoking.

1 Like

St. Bruno. Occasionally HH Old Dark Fired or Rattrays Dark Fragrant. And MB Vanilla Cream if I have visitors!

3 Likes

Byzantium will, too. I like to have a strong & “weak” blend on hand to balance it all out. It all depends upon the mood. Byzantium is quite strong.

2 Likes

Room note is ALWAYS important when you have guests. My lady friend determines what I smoke inside or outside.

3 Likes

It has been awhile since I last enjoyed a good pipe, but I always really loved the black cavendish with a little dash of cherry or vanilla. The flavor, the aroma, and the relaxation of a pipe is unmatched among any other way of tobacco use. Hookah is great for flavor as well, but good luck hauling that thing around :joy:

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.