Any videos you recommend on YouTube?

Especially music videos? I really like this song youtube.com/watch?v=WTJSt4wP2ME which I think* should* have been the official World Cup song!

[quote="Bendecida, post:1, topic:204963"]
Especially music videos? I really like this song youtube.com/watch?v=WTJSt4wP2ME which I think* should* have been the official World Cup song!

[/quote]

Any of the videos from Real Catholic TV. such as "The Vortex" a series by Michael Voris. An example: youtube.com/user/RealCatholicTV#p/a/u/0/ZE7nWAwMv3k

God In The Streets of New York City

Bound to offend somebody, but I think Betty Butterfield Goes to Mass is hilarious:

youtube.com/watch?v=NxwpV80wQII

She (actually I strongly suspect it’s a man) visits several churches and they’re all pretty funny.

[quote="Rawb, post:4, topic:204963"]
Bound to offend somebody, but I think Betty Butterfield Goes to Mass is hilarious:

youtube.com/watch?v=NxwpV80wQII

She (actually I strongly suspect it's a man) visits several churches and they're all pretty funny.

[/quote]

Bert Kaempfert Orchestra playing a medley of his songs on occasion of the debut of color television in Europe (1967) youtube.com/watch?v=HKdcMYRhUeA

youtube.com/watch?v=h0nSjxDKJEo&feature=related This video never fails to bring tears to my eyes...it's incredibly beautiful and moving.

[quote="LookingForFaith, post:6, topic:204963"]
youtube.com/watch?v=h0nSjxDKJEo&feature=related This video never fails to bring tears to my eyes...it's incredibly beautiful and moving.

[/quote]

On the same page as this was a you tube produced by an atheist defending his unbelief. Sickening!:eek: But I agree with you, this video about "why Catholic" is quite beautiful and moving:thumbsup:

[quote="LegoGE1947, post:2, topic:204963"]
Any of the videos from Real Catholic TV. such as "The Vortex" a series by Michael Voris. An example: youtube.com/user/RealCatholicTV#p/a/u/0/ZE7nWAwMv3k

[/quote]

I've seen "real catholic tv" and "St Michael's Media" on You Tube and they don't sit well with me. The host Michael Voris presents very well, has almost Robert Redford alpha male screen appeal and is obviously an experienced anchor yet I'm not taken in!

I see a hair splitting attitude towards other Catholics and protestants there. Michael Voris comes across (to me) as obnoxious, meddling, judgmental and sometimes ill informed. For example, rather than loving gays and accepting that Christian gays are celibate anyway, he talks like a complete homophobe.

I also don't think his use of the internet should be called TV. If I can't watch it from my TV set it's just not TV.

I wonder if I'll get in trouble for saying all this?:shrug:

I'd recommend E Nomine's Ave Maria video set to the Passion of the Christ. It's created by fan of E Nomine. It's a beautiful video. It will chock you up.

I listen to that song all the time. It is like praying while I'm in the office or something.

[quote="Australis, post:8, topic:204963"]
I wonder if I'll get in trouble for saying all this?:shrug:

[/quote]

Only if Liza stumbles upon this thread. ;)

Check out the CatholicEN Channel. All kinds of stuff. take care and God bless.

It's SOOOO no even remotely spiritual but funnier than anything I've seen is the Legos production of Eddy Izzard's death star cantine. I laugh till I cry every time I see it.

The Minature Earth youtube.com/watch?v=rvTFKpIaQhM is very good, although quite old now I think so you may have seen it before. :slight_smile:

Wow, I forgot all about this thread. Well thanks for your suggestions everyone. Here's a musical performance by a folk rock (how would I label them?) duo from Spain that I just love named Amaral: youtube.com/watch?v=aGmFBd8DIrM. For those of you who see the video it is in fact a duo composed of the singer Eva and the guitar player Juan who write all of the songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=TbxnnC22gwY&feature=related Magnificat, by Estonian composer, Arvo Part.

YouTube is about the only place you can see great synchronized skating unless you go in person.

Watch this wonderful video to “Defying Gravity” from the musical Wicked: youtube.com/watch?v=ksnNHytIz4s

And here’s another great video done to the awesome GLEE version of “Don’t Stop Believin’” youtube.com/watch?v=dWTUeiJYMR4&feature=related

And after watching these, if you’re wondering why in the world synchronized skating is not an Olympic sport, watch this video for some very thought-provoking comparisons. Sorry I don’t know the music, but it’s pretty heavy stuff.–http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmarJOD3-RI

And if you want to see how it all starts, with the little kids, watch this adorable video to “swimming songs” of the team my daughter coached last season: youtube.com/watch?v=XJNlM9xI2Bc

And if you want to see the team my daughter was part of (my daughter is in this video, and I was in the audience for this performance, which won them a National Championship), watch this powerful video to music from “Man in the Iron Mask” youtube.com/watch?v=0SddbN7knvM

Now–if you haven’t already done so, get on down to your local ice skating rink and sign yourself and/or your children up to Learn to Skate!

[quote="Cat, post:16, topic:204963"]
YouTube is about the only place you can see great synchronized skating unless you go in person.

Watch this wonderful video to "Defying Gravity" from the musical Wicked: youtube.com/watch?v=ksnNHytIz4s

And here's another great video done to the awesome GLEE version of "Don't Stop Believin'" youtube.com/watch?v=dWTUeiJYMR4&feature=related

And after watching these, if you're wondering why in the world synchronized skating is not an Olympic sport, watch this video for some very thought-provoking comparisons. Sorry I don't know the music, but it's pretty heavy stuff.--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmarJOD3-RI

And if you want to see how it all starts, with the little kids, watch this adorable video to "swimming songs" of the team my daughter coached last season: youtube.com/watch?v=XJNlM9xI2Bc

And if you want to see the team my daughter was part of (my daughter is in this video, and I was in the audience for this performance, which won them a National Championship), watch this powerful video to music from "Man in the Iron Mask" youtube.com/watch?v=0SddbN7knvM

Now--if you haven't already done so, get on down to your local ice skating rink and sign yourself and/or your children up to Learn to Skate!

[/quote]

Your sig: :D

Wow, I can’t believe it’s not at the Winter Olymics. That’s much cooler than some of the other sports. If they have synchronized swimming, why not synchronized skating? :confused:

You may have seen several or all of these. Sometimes, just sometimes a videos go viral because they are great.

Fell in love with these when I was a Geography Teacher
youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=ap3u06YgjXc

Cute Old People
youtube.com/watch?v=RI-l0tK8Ok0&feature=player_embedded

Awesome Stop Motion Music Video
youtube.com/watch?v=2_HXUhShhmY&feature=player_embedded

Pretty much everything this guy does is great
youtube.com/watch?v=xB0pS3rPbwA&feature=related

I should put something Catholic with a capital C. I think the other videos were little c, catholic, quite universal. Anyhow I like this video: A Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the Holy See.
youtube.com/watch?v=cW8Df_eTuTU&feature=channel

Hey - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but hundreds of thousands of people disagree. :wink:

Anyway - I highly recommend the videos by www.RealCatholicTV.com - they are rock solid Faithful to the Magisterium, and the Premium Channel has hundreds of hours of excellent programming.

Here is the YouTube page: youtube.com/user/RealCatholicTV
:thumbsup:

~Liza

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.