I think he’s the funniest musician around. Anyone else like him?
I like weird Al, but I also love the catholic weird al, Nick Alexander.
Check him out:
Here’s another good one.
James Louviere (an authentic Louisiana Cajun!) has an album of song parodies, “Not Just Another Pretty Face”.
Titles are (original songs in parens if not obvious):
- Working My Way Back to You Lord
- Simon the Rock (I Am a Rock)
- Heart of the Master (Heart of the Matter)
- Patti’s Song (El Paso, my favorite of the album, best ending line, where his Cajun roots show best)
- That’s Life
- Maria (Mariah)
- Starry Starry Night (Vincent)
- I Change the Water Into Wine (Carolina in the Pines)
- Like a Lamb Being Led to Slaughter (Bridge Over Troubled Water)
- Abortion Man (Southern Man)
- Cry Out Loud (Don’t Cry Out Loud)
- Pontius Pilate’s Wife’s Dream (Sound of Silence)
- Baby and Bobby and Me (Bobby McGee)
- Love Child
I didn’t find any sound clips online, but if you like Nick Alexander’s work, you’ll like Louviere’s.
Omigosh - my two heroes! Nick “There’s a Little Black Spot on Your Head Today” Alexander, and Weird Al “Like a Surgeon” Yankovic. These guys are geniuses!
Wonder what they wanted to be when they were kids…
I love Weird Al; “Eat It”, “Amish Paradise”, “White & Nerdy” – all classics. I just introduced my son th Star Wars fan to Weird Al. Check out The Saga Begins.
I’ve been a Weird Al fan since Belvedere Cruisin’.
trapped in the drive thru is genius.
he’s a funny funny guy.
Heres the link: youtube.com/watch?v=FT060JGp9sQ
He cracks me up! I really like his stuff.
I keep remembering that he was “Stuck in a closet with Vanna White.” That was Weird Al, wasn’t it?
I have his DVD
It’s such a coincidence this thread shows up today.
Weird Al just had a free concert last night in Detroit for our TasteFest. My sons are huge fans thanks to “The Saga Begins” and “White & Nerdy”.
Unfortunately for them, they’re in Jacksonville with their grandma, so they missed the show. Only their mom and I got to go.
It was an awesome show. He covered everything from “Eat It” and “I’m Fat” to “White & Nerdy” to “Albuquerque”.
the song headline news is awesome.
trapped in the drive thru- the best part is at the end. it cracks me up everytime.
My son is a HUGE Weird Al fan! I think it started with that song about Yoda.